cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Sales order to contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are integrating two companies,here the business requirement is that we need to migrate Sales Order from one company and it should convert to COntracts in other system.Could you please suggest if Its an feasible option

I think the Issue of Validity period would be there but could you please suggest any oter issue or if it possible or not.I think the fields in Sales order and contracts are almost same.

Any suggestion will be helpful

Regards,

Komal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Komal,

As this is a one time job, you can do the following

Create a upload program to upload contracts.

Now you know what values are required to upload a contract.

take the dump from the old systems sales order with the required fields.

Add any other information you require (like validity date)

Just upload. Please remember, you are not doing any conversion as these are two different system.

Just download the sales order data into an excel file, and add the required fileds and upload the data as a contract in the new system..

Hope this answers your question

Regards

Krishnam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

Thanks for your answer,I apologize I am new to LSMW ,Should I use LSMw and upload programme or use Bapi.

I will appreciate if you can suggest some thing.

best regards,

Komal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use LSMW.....that is easy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Komal

Orders generally created against contract, There is check in system through'update document flow' setting that quantity more than contract cannot be processed through order, yes contract also check the validity date: process in contract management will be:

Contract -

sales order--

delivery--PGI--invoicing.

There is schedule line impact in contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of Contract it is going to be...Value, Quantity..? because for a particular period in a contract you should have a particular valur/quantity which can be released to a Order...system updates in the copy control like that...then you need to adjust the requirements also. or if it's a service contract then I dont think you will face this kind of problem.

Regards,

N