cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete additional Adaptor Engine from Integration server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have PI7 system and did a system copy on a test server with a different hostname but with the same SID and on the same network. As a result i found two adaptor engines in my original system's integration server and facing errors in ID as its pointing to the other server hostname.

I have deleted the Technical System from the SLD of the original system where it got created automatically. I have shutdown that test server and even restarted my original system but still getting the same error and the other Adaptor Engine is still visible in Integration Server when i am checking for Component Monitoring thru RWB.

The error shows like this:

Unable to establish connection to "http://XXXX:0/AdapterFramework/rtc" Last Retry Feb 17, 2009 9:02:43 PM GMT+03:00 ... Details

Pls let me know how to remove the additional adaptor engine.

Regards,

Edited by: Basis Consultant on Feb 17, 2009 7:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from the SLD goto Cim instances and select instance of type Adapter Framework.

Delete the wrong one and after this do a SXI_CACHE refresh.

After this the system should no longer see the wrong adapter engine.

Kind Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thanks alot. Yes it worked and now i dont see the extra Adaptor Engine.

The option given by Hetal didn't worked as i was unable to find any entry there in SXI_CACHE.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to transaction SXI_CACHE.

Goto -> Adapter Engine Cache

There select the adapter engine that you want to delete.

And then click on the delete button.

Then your extra Adapter engine entry will get deleted.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i will prefer to delete both the entries from landscape and perform self registration of adapter framework once again.

to do that go to visual admin and restart the service sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.app

Keep in mind that you have to restart this particular sevice for one particualr java instance (for all nodes with in this instance). you need not to restart the service for all Dialgue instances in your system. (if you are running a multi java instances in your system)

After restarting this service one fresh entry should come in your landscape refering to your newly copied system.

after that please perform complete cache refresh.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you mean Netweaver Administrator, because Visual Administrator does no longer exist in PI 7.1.

By the way, the two adapter engine entries are independent, so imho it is not necessary to delete them both the wrong one is enough.

Regards,

Sergio