cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL10 adding items to existing deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!

is it possible to add sales order items to existing deliveries using transaction VL10? in regular mode a new delivery is created always depending on the split criteria.

thanks!

matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matthias, I can't say that it's not possible because I don't have any proof, but, based on my knowledge of that transaction, I'm 99.9% sure it is not possible to add to the existing deliveries there. Most likely this would even be an undesired effect for most businesses.

The best practice would be not to create the deliveries until all the order have been taken and it's time to go to the warehouse and pick the goods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!

i partially agree. what if you have a big sales order with a lot of items and you want to start picking in the warehouse unless all items are available on stock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear matthias

try this - cancel the delivery which was created in VL10 and again create the delivery group in VL10.

in VL10 if you want to add new sales order it will not accept and create one more delivery for the sales order.

Regards

srini

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> what if you have a big sales order with a lot of items and you want to start picking in the warehouse unless all items are available on stock?

Don't you do ATP check in the orders? Naturally, there could be some missing inventory in the warehouse, but, for the most part, you should already know what's in stock and what's not... There is also a rescheduling program, which performs the ATP check before the delivery.

How exactly do you do the picking? If warehouse just needs a piece of paper with the order contents, you could simply provide them with an order printout.

I personally don't like the idea of deleting the deliveries and re-creating them. If you use WM and create TOs or update the delivery as the goods are picked, this wouldn't work anyway.

Also think if you have to have everything on one delivery. Multiple deliveries could be combined on one billing document, so to the customer it wouldn't matter how many deliveries were there.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias

It is possible if you run the transactions VL10A and once a delivery document gets created go to VL02N and then add a line item and then do PGI . But when you do billing a billing split can take place as per the billing split criteria

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!

i would like that VL10 recognizes existing deliveries that are not finished for a ship-to party and insert the new items automatically instead of creating new ones.

matthias