cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple materials with various divisons in so

Former Member
0 Kudos

gurus .

1. where in the customization we need to configure to allow the multiple materials with various divisons in the sales order? ie header div is 10 and the materials div are 10 , 20 and 30.

2.whether the div on item level is copied from material master or whether the division in the doc header is also copied into the item. where will we do this setting.

3.when will we use mvt type 561. is it in goods receipt. please expain a bit on this

thank to all for the responses

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Go to VOV8, select your order type and execute. There dont maintain any value for the fields "Check division" and "Item Division" Also go to VOR2 and assign those divisions to cross division

2) Item division is copied from your material master

3) Movement type 561 is to upload initial stock upload which should mainly be used when a plant is going live where you need to upload opening stock in various storage locations. This means, in SAP, you increase the inventory value and stock via 561 movement type

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

gurus as you said item division will come from material master,

1.if i want the item division to be populated from the sales header then what are the settings needed, is any scenario like this exists?

2. i have 3 item divisions( 10,20,30 ) and in the sales order header i have division 10.

now i want to allow only items with division 10 and 30 but not 20. is there any standard cong setting available please tell

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva

The sales order is created for customer A in sales area 1000,10,11

Materials entered say 3 materials belonging to divisions 12,13,14 in their material masters

Header division is 11 and item divisions are 12 , 13and 14

If check division is blank in VOV8 that means first level of check

Check division's entry is the systems response to this situation that is header and item division being different

Blank = no check

A = Warning

B = Error

Check division controls first level We will set it to blank

Case 1 Item division check box is unticked in VOV8

Then there will be a smooth process of this order

That means the header division is valid for all items

System considers the whole items as division 11 and doesnt check their MMR's

Case 2 Item division check box is ticked in VOV8

Now the sold to party A is in sales area 1000,10,11

You are going to enter the item whose division is 12

For the system to accept this either your SP who is A should lie also in sales area 1000,10,12 or there should be a another customer say B created in sales area 1000,10,12 who will also act as a ship to party to this customer A

That means there must be at least a ship to party link should lie between header and item divisions

This can be achieved either by extending the customer A in XD01 also to sales area 1000,10,12 or

Create another customer B in sales area in 1000,10,12 and assign this B also as a Ship to party to customer A (whose sales area is 1000,10,11) in XD02

Similarly for materials from divisions 13 and 14

What i have tried to explain you is the same thing i have explained to the other friend and that link was provided to you in my first post

I have tried to explain to the best of my ability

Pls work and see You will understand it better

Please dont address as GURUs

Neither i am a GURU nor i am comfortable with that term

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you raja for a very very clear explanation,.

thank you laksmipathi also for good reply

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look at the answers in ur sequence

1. activate the indicator 'item division' in general control of document type in VOV8

2. Header division is copied from the sales area u give in VA01 overview screen and item division is copied from material master of given material as line item

3. the 561 movement type is used for the posting of stock to unrestricted use for sales orders from manufacturing unit

hope this is needful for u

regards,

sadanandam kasarla

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva

For your qn no 1 and 2 the answer is

In VOV8 for your order type check division should be blank and item division check box should be unticked

This allow materials of different divisions in a sales order

Sales order is created for cusomer X in sales area 1000,10,00

Materials say 3 different materials entered

Material 1 belonging to division 01 in the basic data and sales org data of MMR

Material 2 belonging to division 02 in the basic data and sales org data of MMR

Material 3 belonging to division 03 in the basic data and sales org data of MMR

This case header divisions are 00 and item division is 01,02,and 03

My suggested settings will allow smooth process of this sales order with this scenario

Check division and item division are the two major things in VOV8 to be taken care of with regards to your query

561 movement type is used in MB1C transaction (Enter goods receipt for others) when you initially load the stocks in to the SAP system and those stocks straight away goes to unrestricted use

Check this thread also

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: Regarding Common divisions

Regards

Raja