Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS IN DIP PROFILE-Reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an requirement.

In odp1,under characteristics we can find WBS ELEMENT.

My requirement is,In Project System,client wants to bill the customer based on WBS element(as we do with Activity type normally).

The issue is WBS is not a predefined one as like ACTIVITY TYPE.COST CENTER,COST ELEMENT etc.It will get generated whenever project is created.In that case how can I build the profile.

Pl share your views in which scenario we use the WBS element in DIP.

Regards

Arunachalam Sureshbabu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any though process to handle my scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Ansar.But my requirement is like this

No:1

Project with 3 wbs elements

Each element will have list of Network/activitiy with Activity type.

I will have DIP profile in the Project Level and 1st WBS as billable.

No:2

One service contract and in that one material with short text as RRB.In the account assignmnet I will give the Billable WBS element name.

No:3

Dip profile with material determination characteristics as WBS ELEMENT,Service material(with condition record) with creteria as WBS ELEMENT NAME(billable WBS element name)

No:4

Confirming all activities under Billbale WBS element.

No:5

When I run DP90,SYSTEM IS THROUGH CHARACTERSITICS MAPPING ERROR

put in nut shell,I will have Project,billable WBS assigned to Service Contract,confirmation of activities under WBS,DP90 and charge the customer for the total hours spent under the bilable WBS.

PL SUGGEST ME TO HANDLE THE SCENARIO

REGARDS

ASB

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a customer Project rite: so there are 3 option

Option1: Automatic Project from sales order, automatic link with Assembly Processing.

In this billing element with WBS first level for sales order.

Option2: Manual Project, automatic sales order, auto-link.

In this WBS level 3 with easy cost planning connect sales order for Project defination with DIP profile attach to sales order.

Option3: Manual Project & sales order, manual link.

In this Revenue Plan to Level 1 WBS with billing element attach to sales order.

Hope u understand,

ANSAR

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

In DIP profile

To use RRB between company codes, you have to adjust the DIP profile. Make sure that Intercompany Line Items are selected as a source for dynamic items of the dynamic item processor.

1. The Characteristic relevant indicator is set for the cost element characteristic.

A dynamic item is created on the basis of sales price for each cost element (planned or actual costs)

2. The Material determination indicator is set for the Cost element characteristic.

The cost element is made available as a characteristic for material determination using sets. If this indicator is set, you can enter only a set for the characteristic in the Material determination table.

3. The No summarization indicator is not set for the cost element characteristic.

Several dynamic items with the same material number and cost element in the sales price basis lead to the item in the sales document.

4. The Structuring indicator is set for the cost element characteristic. The set name PS-ALL or OAS is preset with levels from 1 to 2.

Dynamic items are structured hierarchically using the cost element group.

Do all this setting in DIP profile.& use the DIP to perform thsi billing reqmt.

Assignment to the DIP profile is performed in the service order header or the sales order itmes.

Regards,

ANSAR

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this thread

Regards,

Ansar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried using the Object Number characteristic in the DIP profile? You can find the object number of the WBS Element in table PRPS. You can also find it using the t.code RKACHSHOW and specifying the WBS Element. It will be in the format PRXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Regards,

Kenneth

Edited by: Osiegbu Kenneth on Feb 18, 2009 8:29 AM