cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consumed project materials - inventory in ps ?

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

dear ps experts,

pl let me know whether projects materials consumed in project (ie., gr against nw pr-po done), can any where the same material shown as projects material inventory (virual)?

currently i am creating the automatic pr-material in network by using "n" item category, po is made against same pr and gr done against po, costs are posted in network, because mov type is 101.

my requirement is i wanted to show as inventory after gr done, is it possible,

why because, i wud like to raise sales order and do pgi and finally billing document.

is this possible or not? how this is achieved.

the above requirement is against customer projects scenario, pl help in guiding how this is possible in ps. my people for raising sales order/billing document, the same project materials are to be available in storage location accordingly pgi is possible.

withough pgi how the sales order/billing document is raised against the customer projects?

thanks in advance

srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use reosurce related billing to include materials consumed

you can run CN52N for components or Materials

ME2J for PO etc

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

thanx,

can u pl let me know how to configure customer projects in ps? which profile is to be used

investment or profit or prodn or overhead, kindly, let me know

we have configured investment profile and working fine, now we would to configure entire customer projects scenario how this works in ps.

regards

srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ediga,

Let us say you have created Customer Project T-10006.

This project is mapped using a work breakdown structure that contains activities.

The activities define the flow of the project and form a quantity structure for determining costs and payment data automatically.

The project cost plan is used to create quotations.

When the sales order is received, it is assigned to the project. This means that it can be used to plan revenue and then post this revenue.

Actual costs are entered when activities are confirmed, components are purchased and when invoices are assigned. Actual revenue is posted to the project by means of milestone billing.

Two companies are responsible for executing the project:

Company A is mapped using company code 1000 and performs all services except for those planned in WBS element T-10006.1.2.

Company B is mapped using company code 2000 and performs some of the engineering services. (WBS element T-10006.1.2).

Company B bills its services to Company A on a resource-related basis.

A results analysis is carried out for the billing elements T-10006 und T-10006.1.2 in the project. The results analysis values are settled to the profitability segment.

Regards

Tushar

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi tushar,

i think result analysis is to be configured, pl let me know where to refer site on result analysis or at help.sap.com

regards

ediga srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ediga,

A results analysis is usually carried out for the billing elements in sales projects. The results analysis data includes the costs and revenues of lower-level WBS elements and activities/orders. For this reason, only the results analysis elements are settled.

When the system derives settlement rules, it generates profitability segments that contain the characteristic values of the WBS elements and the sales orders assigned to them.

Settlement rules and results analysis keys are only ever assigned to billing elements. All other objects are assigned the settlement profile "Do not settle".

Please refer following link for result analysis

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/90/ba7048446711d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Also refer following site for Resource related billing

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/59/54fc37004d0a1ee10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Regards

Tushar

Answers (0)