cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Development Perspective

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm following the following tutorial: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00bddb57-456c-2b10-cc8d-b6980d75...

It mentions a "Database Development Perspective" several times, where it seems I should be able to check the "Data Source Explorer" to see the default schema of the database created, and set a dictionary as a datasource.

Well, I'm ubale to find such perspective.

Probably it doesn't appear because of my developer studio version (I'm using 7.0.16). Is there someway I can get this perspective to show up? Maybe I need to download some kind of plugin? Or is there some other way to do what I intend to using the 7.0.16 available perspectives?

Thanks and regards!

Edited by: Alain More on Feb 17, 2009 6:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Select the view on Window -> Open Perspective -> Other -> Database Development

or

2. Window -> Show View -> Other -> Connectivity -> Data Source Explorer

If you get an error using Maxdb like:

Unable to locate zip/jar in file system as specified by the driver definition <..sapdb_installation..>

\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar

3. Point to "sapdbc.jar" file. Use Windows search to find it and create the JDBC connection.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, neither the Database Development perspective, nor the Data Source Explorer view appear. It's as if they hadn't been installed or as if some kind of plugin is missing Do you know if maybe there's an add-on that I could add to the netweaver installation, to have these view and perspective available?

Thanks!

former_member210563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your version number sounds a bit old to me. I run 7.1 SR5. Are you in a situation where you can upgrade ?

That might be the reason for your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may be right. Oh well, thanks for trying.