cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS: Monitoring data through RFC or Agent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question of understanding:

When I open a monitor on my CEN system (ta RZ20), it starts collecting data from the remote systems.

To do this, the CEN system uses a RFC connection, which has an account and a password from the remote system.

From time to time I have the situation, that this account has been expired.

Then, when opening the monitor in RZ20, I get a Login dialog for that system. I always skip this dialog.

When the monitor finally shows up, in some cases the MTE of the system with the expired account shows up and in some other cases the MTE does not show.

How can the CEN collect monitoring information of the remote system, even if the account that it has to use is locked out? I have systems, where that account has been locked out for several weeks ...(Is the agent sapccm4x used instead?)

Rigas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Are you using the user CSMREG in your RFC connection to Perform Data Collection. This is the standard user to be created for the RFC between the CEN and the remote system.

CCMS agents are independent processes with an interface through RFC to a central monitoring system and an interface to the shared memory.

CEN automatically first attempts to read data from the monitored system through the RFC destination of the CCMS agent. If it finds that the agent is not active, then the CEN system reads the monitoring data from the monitored SAP instance using the standard RFC. Note that you still require the standard RFC connection, even if you are using SAPCCM4X.

Also check SAP Note: 322075.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoganand,

thanks a lot for your helpful answer!

I did not know that CEN first calls the sapccm4x agent and only in case of inactivity it uses the RFC based data collection method.

I never could find that info anywhere in the SAP help.

From time to time I have the following situations with a system, who's built-in RFC account has been locked out:

When I open the monitor in RZ20, the login account shows up. I cancel and finally the monitor comes up and the data of this system is included!!

That could be something like a timeout effect: after a certain number of seconds, CEN tries to get data over the RFC in addition to still trying the agent ... and then the agents finally answers and delivers the MTE data (the RFC cannot authenticate and therefore will never deliver anything ... )

Rigas