cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom log in MII Application

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create some application log by using xml tracer action , which writes in a xml file in the project structure. In realtime as lot of user will be running the same transaction, hence there is a high chance that multiple user will try to write the same xml file at the same time. Anybody has any experice on it - how MII handles this situation ? Will it throw exception at this point or will create a queue to write the log?? Anybody has any experience on it ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Soumen,

It's been awhile since the xLC days

Why wouldn't you use a relational database table(s) for your application logging efforts. INSERTS and SELECT statements become quite simple to work with, and the database can deal with multiple concurrent users in a fast and consistent capacity.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soumen,

I also think you should follow Jeremy's proposal.

We have made heavy use of writing files to the MII virtual file system, which had caused some performance problems. And logging into a file with multiple users may lead to problems like "cannot write file".

The database is capable of processing lots of inserts, and you can also use MII data buffering to handle errors that occur when processing queries.

[SAP Help: MII Data Buffering|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii120/helpdata/en/45/515db282a33a16e10000000a1553f6/content.htm]

Michael

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Please let us know which version and service package you have installed. Since 12.0 is on NetWeaver and 11.5 is not, there will probably be some major differences in the answers.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

It is Version 12.0.6 Build(12) ..

Thanks,

Soumen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Soumen,

NetWeaver has a log which would take care of most of your concerns. You should (although I am not positive) be able to access the underlying database repository of messages from MII. Your use of an xml file in the workbench would probably work, but I think you might be better using one of the message queues instead.

Could you give us some details for what purpose you would use this custom log?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for remembering me. Actually in our current landscape there is no seperate Relational database. That is why I was thinking for this writting to file approach. But as per Michael, writting to file may not be able to handle concurrent user, hence relational database is the only solution.

Thanks,

Soumen

Edited by: Soumen Mondal on Feb 18, 2009 8:20 PM