cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping values..question

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have been through the value Mapping documentation, and we are trying to analyze a message Map where there are value maps, However we are not able to find the value maps maintained in ID when i select the tools --> value mapping and specify the context, agency and schema for the source values and agency and schema for target values...

Where is this table maintained, where can we view the values in it...?

Do we need any additional permissions to view this table.

When we test it the values dont show up in message mapping tests, however they do show up at runtime as they should..we need to edit and add some values to this table but are unable to find it...

Preetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i have been through the value Mapping documentation, and we are trying to analyze a message Map where there are value maps, However we are not able to find the value maps maintained in ID when i select the tools --> value mapping and specify the context, agency and schema for the source values and agency and schema for target values...

>

> Where is this table maintained, where can we view the values in it...?

In ID under tools --> value mapping you need to create the value mapping groups and there specify the values.

>

> Do we need any additional permissions to view this table.

No.

> When we test it the values dont show up in message mapping tests, however they do show up at runtime as they should..we need to edit and add some values to this table but are unable to find it...

You can see the value only at RunTime and not while testing in test tab in message mapping. Go to ID open your value mapping group and there you can edit or add new entrie.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

Thank you, But what did you tell me that i had not mentioned before..!

If we dont see that table under ID how then do we change some of the older values there..

Can someone help wiht this...

Preetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you used any value mapping replications it will directly update the runtime cache. You can not find it out in Value mapping tables. If you want to modify or add some values then using value mapping replication can able to do that.

If you want to see the values then go to runtime workbench.Select Cache monitoring.

Select cache server:Integration server(java cache)

Select cache object:search for value mapping groups

search:context:http://value mapping replication

Value Mapping Replication refer below blog.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1301] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Prakasu

Edited by: prakasu on Feb 18, 2009 8:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetha,

Value mapping table that you create in ID cannot be seen. If you want that, you need to view that from RWB.

If you want to modify the changes you need to do that from Value Mapping Replications from the Basis component in IR which will be reflected at runtime only.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which method you are using?? Is it Value Mapping Replication or Simply maintaining the values in ID under Tools ---> Value Mapping.

If it is Value Mapping Replication then, for this we create an ABAP program + O/B Proxy and then whenever we trigger the ABAP program it send the values to XI that you can see in XI MONI and values reside Java cache that you can see in RWB.

RWB ---> Cache Monitoring, after this under Cache Server select the "Integration Server (Java Cache)" and under Cache Object select "Search for Value Mapping Groups".

Note: Triggering of the above ABAP program is done either first time or only when you do some changes in tables from where you are selecting the data.

And if you are maintaining values in ID, then see my first reply.

Regards,

Sarvesh