cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting advice on how to initialize (delete) APO transaction data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are working on a project to implement a "clean", master-data-only APO system. The APO system is to be created by doing a full backup of an existing APO system and restore as a new instance (then BDLS to change the system ID).

My question involves the removal of all transaction data (purchase orders, released production orders, sales orders, purchase requisitions, etc) from the new APO system. We've tested several delete programs to try to remove these documents from APO (/SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER, /SAPAPO/RLCDELETE, /SAPAPO/SDRQCR21, /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL, /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_INCON_ORDERS to name a few) with limited success.

Instead of removing these documents individually is it possible to simply re-initialize APO so that all transaction data is removed but all master data (PPMs, locations, products, transportation lanes, rules, etc) is kept intact?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David Eady

Application Delivery Team Lead

Propex, Inc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If you find the comprehensive solution, let me know!

I have had best luck with deactivating ALL IMs, then running CCR and deleting all marked as no active model. Then run the programs mentioned in your posting, as well as anything designed to make data 'consistant'. After that, there are usually some aggravating bits that don't want to go away, which I have had to chase down and delete manually. It is a tedious process, one that usually takes me a couple of days.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Please try the following options.

1) Try deleting transactional data using /n/sapapo/BP2

2) Try to disconnect all transactional data integrational models and then try deleting in APO.

Please confirm whether this works out for you.'

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.