cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting or Reloading Webdynpro ABAP(FPM) application in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a ABAP webdynpro application in FPM framework which is run in the portal. The application has got a roadmap that contains 7 steps. In the last step there is a button 'save and exit'. When the user reaches the last step and presses the 'save and exit' button, one popup will appear with a 'close' button. When the user pressed that 'close' button, the application should restart i.e., the user should be taken to the first step. I tried using the method 'NAVIAGATE_ABSOLUTE' where I hardcoded the PCD path which takes the user to the first step but it is not helpful ( All Relative navigation links and Detailed navigation links were missing in portal ) in my case as it is not actually restarting the application. Could anyone help me out in getting the application restarted in the portal on click of a button.

Note: We tried with Exit-Plug as well, which is not applicable ( helpful) for portal integration.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Well we have few webdynpro applications with multiple views, by design, on the last step after save, we disable all other button and display a new button called 'RESTART' with only available choice. On click of this button

1. We initialize all the data of component.

2. Clear stored variable parameters & internal table used by assistance class

3. if everything was fine fire navigation to the FirstDefaultView of the webdynpro application.

Thus its almost restart of the application.

So design wise have a method INIT_COMP in the component controller of webdynpro component. and then at the last step when call to RESTART is made reinitialize all the data of your webdynpro component.

method onactionrestart.
wd_assist->reinit_my_obj_tables( ).
wd_this->fire_to_v_Start_plg(  ).
endmethod

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Actually, in my application there are no multiple views in single component, instead I have 7 different components which are integrated together in FPM framework. FPM will provide buttons which will take care of the navigation. I need to call the first component of the application on click of a button which I have put in the last step. So, plugs will not help me to restart(call the first component) the application. Could you please suggest any alternative for the scenario I have here.

Thanks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

There would be a PARENT COMPONENT, thats declaring usage of all other used components. When you start your application , at some stage you will be creating USED COMPONENTS and initializing them, only after this step you would be displaying the first view of your application .

You need to club all that create/instantiate logic in a method, component controller level method in your PARENT COMPONENT

then call this method from last used component.

if all your components stay active till you execute the last 'Save & exit'. then

1. You need to create a new event thats raised from the last page component.

2. This event should be HANDLED by the first component or may be PARENT COMPONENT.

Hope these help

Greetings

Prashant