Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down By Index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One small doubt.

I have created a Drop down in one column of table (no ALV table) .I have two tables

.As user clicks the 1st table (it has plant) the drop down values for storage location

based on the data selected in 1st table must be populated in 2nd table(in column Storage

loc. i.e. for plant of 1st table ...drop down node is populated with storage location)

I am able to get the Drop down values in 2nd table and it is woking fine.

Que->Problem is that i have 4 row in 2nd table and i need same drop down values in

all the rows. As i m getting Drop Down values in only 1st row, so i dont think

there is any problem with binding text value of that column to drop down node.

I have decleared a seprate node for drop down and binding it the 2nd tables column and getting the right value in that table. But why not i am getting the same value for all the rows.??

Rest of the rows are blank . No drop down values are appearing but that drop down arrow appears.

Thanks !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Since you have a table, for each row you should set the dropdown value.

So instead of a separate node for dropdown create an attribute in the same node that is bound to your second table.

Bind this attribute to your "Dropdown By Index" cell editor.

Now you can set the newly created attribute for all the records with the same value.

Regards,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

As per my knowledge the reason for your problem is this :

You are using Dropdown by index.

And you want to show dropdown in all the rows of 2nd table.

So when you bind the values of Storage location ( based on plant) you need to bind it with all the rows of second table in a loop.

I faced the same problem and doing this solved my problem.

I hope it helps.

Please revert back in case of issues.

Regards,

Sumit Oberoi