cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java server side printing restriction

0 Kudos

Hello, dear experts!

Is it possible to restrict printing from Java applications only to printers which are allowed from server side? In my case client could use printers some of them are restricted due to security reasons (for some document types).

Which Java client technology allows to restrict printing such way? As I see, I can't use browser as a client in this case...

Is it possible to send documents to printer not from client but from Java AS?

Kind regards,

Anton.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi, colleagues!

Let's assume that user has no printer connected to his PC (restricted on OS level).

In this case we could use server-side printing (using for instance Java Print Services API) and select a printer from list of connected to AS Java host.

The question then is about possible print technologies to use for printing: Adobe Forms, MS Office files and so on. Using pure Java Print Services API will require a lot of coding effort in this case...

Kind regards,

Anton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the users use Windows or Linux desk or laptops, I believe this is an impossible requirement.

You cannot manage this in your server application, printer accessibility is something you define on network and/or operating system level.

Good luck,

Roelof