cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming a service from VS 2005 from SAP ES.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SAP Enterprise Services Explorer for Microsoft .NET and I am able to see the Wizard in VS 2005 .net. I have configured our SAP Service Registry in Tools-Options-SAP ES Explorer.

I have created a Console Application in VS 2005 and in solution explorer, I am right clicking on the project and selecting ADD SAP Enterprise Services.. I am able to connect, browse / search the services available in SAP ESR and when i select any service and click Finish, it says "Updating the Web Reference of so and so project", but at the end, no metadata gets downloaded from service registry. I am expecting the service name to be appeared under Web Reference of the project as soon as I download the service after clicking FINISH.

Please let me know if anybody faced similar problem and would like to understand whether we need to open up any port in BASIS settings or something to download the services to the .net project.

Regards,

Manjunatha.T.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are migrating a web application(which uses SAP Conector) from Visual Studio 2003 to 2005. In that solution we can see sapwsdl files. Currently, VS 2003 version is using SAP connector to access SAP functions.

Now, in VS 2005 we are planning to use SAP ES Explorer.We need to know how to use the existing sapwsdl file with SAP ES Explorer.Or is there any other way to migrate the application using SAP ES Explorer without using service registry.Please reply as soon as possible as we are not able to proceed further.Expecting your quick response.

Thank You,

Juhi

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Do you use ES Explorer 1.0 for .NET or ES Explorer 1.1 for .NET ?

2. Did you try to add Web reference or WCF reference ?

3. Are there any messages in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer under SAP node ?

Regards,

Rima.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using SAP ES Explorer 1.0 initially and since it didnt work, I uninstalled it and got 1.1 installed.

I tried Web Reference in both 1.0 and 1.1 before clicking finish but i noticed that the .wsdl was getting downloaded to a temp folder, but it was not getting downloaded to web reference folder in the project.

There are some error messages under the node SAP. i think these logs are captured when I got a error while importing saying "couldn't add the service". But for some services, Finish button was successful and it just goes back to VS Studio, but it wil not show up any node in web services.

Please let me know your inputs

Ex:

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.Exception

Message: ESEWebBrowserUtil: Exception occured while trying to get the service WSDL data

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: Boolean InitializeServiceInformation(System.String)

HelpLink: NULL

Source: SAP.ESE.UI

StackTrace Information

at SAP.ESE.UI.SearchBrowseUtil.InitializeServiceInformation(String serviceURL)

at SAP.ESE.UI.Summary.getServiceInformation()

Second one

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

ErrorCode: -2147352567

Message: Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: System.Object get_Value()

HelpLink: NULL

Source:

StackTrace Information

at EnvDTE.Property.get_Value()

at SAP.ESE.UI.VSExtensibility.m_selectionEvents_OnChange()

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. On the last screen before clicking the "Finish" button, check service name that is used for creating web reference. Does it contain any illegal characters like "/", "?", etc ? Try to copy this name and create a new folder in your file system. Do you succeed ?

2. You mentioned that wsdl is downloaded to temporary folder. Try manually to add web reference to this wsdl from temporary folder. Do you succeed ?

Regards,

Rima.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The Service name for example "CarrierIdsToNames_Sync_Out" and i was able to create the a new folder using this service, i tried with other service names also.

I tried adding up a new folder under the web reference in the file system, but the downloaded file in temp folder is having a name ".wsdl" and it doesnt have any name, I tried giving the servicename to it and created a folder, but it is still not reflecting in the VS Project.

For now, i tried accessing the services available in SAP esworkspace(http://sr.esworkplace.sap.com/ServicesRegistrySiService/ServicesRegistrySiPort) and i was able to download the service after clicking finish. I am wondering why it is not able to download from the registry from our landscape.

is it anything related to authorization, security access or something?.

Regards,

Manjunatha.T.S