Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Creation in UME - GRC Access Control 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am New to this SAP GRC and installed myself with the help of the inst guide the SAP GRC Access Control 5.3. Now I am not able to create a user in the UME in the Backend system.

The error msg says " Current user has user creation permissions in the UME, but cannot create users in the back-end system (datasource ). The original and possibly untranslated message was : 'No Active writeable datasource found for user creation, check your persistence configuration"

please do advice me..

Thanks...

Deepan....

Edited by: Deepan Chakravarthy on Feb 17, 2009 7:36 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepan,

I am not running 5.3 but am running 5.2

I am not totally versed on everything with UME but based on your description "cannot create users in the backend system...", could this be that you do not have user create authorization in the SAP system you are connected to. SU01 allows for creation of users in SAP and if your UME system is allowing for these creations but using UME, I would think you will need the proper SAP authorizations in the backend to complete this.

Like I said I am not totally versed with UME but wanted to offer my thoughts on the subject

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson, Inc.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepan,

I am not running 5.3 but am running 5.2

I am not totally versed on everything with UME but based on your description "cannot create users in the backend system...", could this be that you do not have user create authorization in the SAP system you are connected to. SU01 allows for creation of users in SAP and if your UME system is allowing for these creations but using UME, I would think you will need the proper SAP authorizations in the backend to complete this.

Like I said I am not totally versed with UME but wanted to offer my thoughts on the subject

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson, Inc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What data source is your UME using? Verify that you're trying to create the user in the UME database instead of an LDAP or ABAP user source. If you're trying to create a user in either LDAP or SAP, you must have write permissions for those sources (i.e. your persistence configuration must not be "read_only").

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepan,

IT seems your UME is connected to SAP R/3 (ABAP), it means data source for your UME is not UME but it is SAP R/3 or some other system. In this scenario, if you create user in UME, it basically will create user in your actual data source. Even though, you have permission to create user in UME, you need permission in SAP R/3 to create users.

You can solve it by either providing yourself access to SAP R/3 permission to create user via UME or go directly to SAP R/3 and create user over there.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your time and Guidance,

I am trying to create user thru UME in both Java and ABAP system, as per my configuration my UME is connected to the backend system thru SAPJSF user which has only SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO role after adding SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION role to the user I was able to initiate the user creation but not able to save the creation.

I am getting the below error. An error occurred in the persistence. The original message (possibly not translated) was: "BAPI_USER_CREATE1@FSDCLNT900: ID=01, NUMBER=491, MESSAGE=You are not authorized to create users in group". Contact your system administrator

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After copying the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION as ZSAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION and assigning it to the SAPJSF user. I am able to create the User in UME.

Thanks all for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved it myself