cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop-Up in ESS iview Customisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have a got the following requirement to be implemented in ESS.

"There are two radio Buttons "Save", "Save and Send". One among this always selected by

default.

As soon as the user comes to this page, if the User selects or changes a selection

a Pop-up message should display. Is this possible?"

Please help me in this regard. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

Do you want to customize the ESS component? First you need to import this ESS track into NWDS using NWDI. Then you need to create a project that you want to customize.

Create an action for the event of that radiobutton

in that write this code

String dialogText = "yourmessage";

// Get Event Handler Info

IWDEventHandlerInfo eventHandler = wdControllerAPI.getViewInfo().getViewController().findInEventHandlers("ok");

// Create the confirmation dialog, with an "ok" button

IWDConfirmationDialog dialog = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createConfirmationWindow(dialogText, eventHandler, "ok");

dialog.open();

Create an event handler "ok" and write you code same as "Save" or "Save and Send "

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes I want to customize ESS Component esstratre~sap.com. I have imported tis ESS track into NWDS using NWDI and have also created a project for it.

Now, I have got a two radio buttons and a Submit button . The Text over the "Submit" button is linked with the selection of the Radio Buttons. I dont know how this is linked? (I want to learn about this!).

My requirements are as follows:-

1) I want to change the default radio button that is selected. Because, at the moment the "Save" radio button is always selected as the default radio button. I want to change the default radio button to be "Save and Send".

2) If the user selects "Save" it should display the warning message when the user click on the "Submit" button in the same screen and should as the user to confirm if he just want to "Save" and not to "Send".

I hope this explains you my problems. Please let me know if you did not understand my question. I once again appreciate your help in this regards.

Regards,

PG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Could you also advise me about what should I write in the "Ok" event which you have mentioned at the end of your post.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

PG.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

1. Find the attribute that bound to the radiobutton. (check selectedKey or texts )

2.Find the key

3. In wdDoInit(), set the attribute like this:

wdContext.current<node>element().set<attribname>("key of Save or Send");

For your second question, Just as I told in my previous post

Create an action and bind it onSelect event of the radiobutton.

Exactly what do you want on the "ok" action. If you don't want to do anything ( if is is for just confirmation) then no need write anything in it. If you want to save or submit the on click of 'ok' just copy the present code of submit/save action and paste into ok evenhandler.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help. I was able to include the confirmation dialogue on to the radio button. But, now I have got one more requirement for that "Confirmation" box. They are as follows:-

1) How to format the Text on the Dialog box? i.e I want to display three lines of text message in three different lines. Because at the moment, the whole message is shown in a single line.

I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

I never tried this before and right now I donu2019t have the system to try.

But you can try like this.

In your msg include \n wherever you want new-line

e.g.

String dialogText = "your \n message";

Regards

Siva

Answers (0)