cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Host with user name J2EE_ADMIN !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

this exception when deploy from NWDS04s:

<i><b>Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Cannot connect to Host with user name J2EE_ADMIN</b></i>

Complete exception:

<i>Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/D:/DOCUME1/VITO1.PAL/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp23237GivaudanNavigation.ear

Aborted: development component 'GivaudanNavigation'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2006.03.20.16.50.48':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [milds2004] with user name: [J2EE_ADMIN] Check your login information. Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Access Denied.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted</i>

Any help will be appreciate. Thx.

Vito

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this alternativly. I forget thy by myself:

When you need to deploy in the SDM (in my case all services on one host J2EE Engine, EP 6.0 SP3, Portal, CM & Coll)

1) Be sure that the SAP J2EE Engine is running

2) be sure that you have connected to the VA with the User

(that is the one who create failed to connect to host)

3) stop the irj application under server> services> deploy --> servlet_jsp node (so all file can be updated)

for me it was it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ticket is close!

Problem just solved on my own. Hovewer thx.

Vito Palasciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did all the changes in VA but still I am getting the same error. I am able to login SDM with same password but not able to deploy the webdynpro application.

Can somebody help me to solve this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

Can you pls. tell me that how can I create a user id as admin in VA having the same role and group. I think this is the problem with us as well.

Thanks in advance.

Manish

tanyel_nergiz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got the same error ( ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [Q4DE8PSAxxx] with user name: Administrator)

I tried everything, which was proposed here.

But nothing helped.

The rootcause of my problem was a to small filesystem of /usr/sap/<SID>.

I extended the filesystem and the problem was resolved.

I guess SDM had problems with extracting his files.

Dear SAP

Please adapt your error-message!

Kind Regards

Tanyel

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vito,

Please check weather J2EE_ADMIN user is locked .

hope u have enterd corect login port for message server ..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

J2EE_ADMIN user is NOT locked!!!

Message server port is 3900. I think this is correct because I see the server from J2EE Engine tab, into NW.

thanks, Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

No others solutions???

thx,

Vito

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vito ,

can u login into the visual administrator using the same user id and password.?.

for deployement , u need the admin user id and password.

just verify the message server port also..

for stand alone installations it will be 3601.. verify that..

u can deploy ur project in another way also .. use SDM to deploy ur EAR file of ur WebDynpro file , that will be located in ur project folder if u have builded that..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

when I deploy my application NW ask me the SDM password that is different from the J2EE_ADMIN password.

The J2EE_ADMIN password permits me to access the Visual Administrator.

Port seems to be the 3900, I have verified it into sapmms console:

JStartupReadInstanceProperties: read instance properties [D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\j2ee\cluster\instance.properties]

-> ms host : milds2004

-> ms port : 3900

-> OS libs : D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\j2ee\os_libs

-> Admin URL :

-> run mode : NORMAL

-> run action : NONE

-> enabled : yes

thx,

Vito

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vito,

so the message server port is 3900.

can u login into SDM (GUI) , using the SDM password u have given there during deployement from developer studio?.

if it is not success , then change the SDM password in this way..

in the installation path

/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/SDM/program/doc/. there is one pdf regarding SDM Administration. refer this also..

After login into SDM , change the SDM password to ur J2EE_Admin password and try to deploy..

refer this also..

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/042270123a2bc7e10000000a114cbd/content.htm

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vito,

The J2EE Admin and the SDM password differs,However in initial setup up we might have kept it same for ease.But there might be some locking.

Try resetting the password of SDM.

1. stop the SDM instance

2. reset the password.

<b><Drive>:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>sdm

changepassword "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/program" "newpassword=Password1"</b>

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

it seems not good

---

D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program>sdm changepassword "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\GVD\

DVEBMGS01\SDM\program" "newpassword=ADMIN1"

D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program>set sdm_java_home=D:/j2sdk1.4.2_09

D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program>set sdm_64bit_switch=

D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program>set sdm_heap_size=128

D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program>set sdm_memory_switch=-Xmx128M

D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program>set sdm_com="D:/j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin\java" -X

mx128M -jar "D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program\bin\SDM.jar"

D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program>"D:/j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin\java" -Xmx128M -jar

"D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program\bin\SDM.jar" changepassword "sdmhome=D:\u

sr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program" "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\GVD\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program"

"newpassword=ADMIN1"

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/pb/layout/taglib/ContainerTag addI

viewResources

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/keystore/impl/security/CodeBased

SecurityConnector getApplicationDomain

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/rmi_p4/P4StubSkeletonGenerator g

enerateStub

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/prt/util/StringUtils escapeToJS

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/prt/core/broker/PortalServiceItem

startServices

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/webservices/server/deploy/WSConf

igurationHandler downloadFile

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/prt/jndisupport/util/AbstractHiera

rchicalContext lookup

Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/7.0005.20051006181702.0000

Initializing Network Manager (50117)

Checking if another SDM is running on port 50118

SDM is integrated in JStartupFramework. No repository changing commands are poss

ible.

Processing error. Return code: 4

--

Could U help, pls? Thx

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vito,

These are four steps that u have to follow to reset ur sdm password.

Check this out this works fine.

1. Stop the SDM Server.

2. Start SDM in standalone mode:

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=standalone"

3. Reset the password:

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/program" "newpassword=Password1"

4. change SDM to integrated mode:

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=integrated"

Then deploy.This should solve ur problem.

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I followed your advice, but the application deploy give me the same error:

Settings

SDM host : milds2004

SDM port : 50118

URL to deploy : file:/D:/DOCUME1/VITO1.PAL/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp11070GivaudanNavigation.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/D:/DOCUME1/VITO1.PAL/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp11070GivaudanNavigation.ear

Aborted: development component 'GivaudanNavigation'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2006.03.30.16.06.56':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [milds2004] with user name: [J2EE_ADMIN] Check your login information. Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Access Denied.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

Do U have others idea?? Thx a lot,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following solution.

1.Go to Visual Admin --> Security Provider --> service.naming.

2.Select NO for the authentication template.

3.Remove the CreateTicketLoginModule. (This login module can be used only by Web applications.)

It got resolved when i got the same issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Divakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divakar,

thanks for your help. I have also inserted BasicPasswordLoginModule to service.naming and now I'm able to deploy.

Bye,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this same problem.

Where can I find Visual Admin?

btw: I have the Sneak Preview build 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's driving me up the wall! I have read all threads about this, tried all solutions, but still I am getting this message: Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

First,

reset the SDN password following these steps:

1. Stop the SDM Server.

2. Start SDM in standalone mode:

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=standalone"

3. Reset the password:

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/program" "newpassword=Password1"

4. change SDM to integrated mode:

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=integrated"

Second:

Inserted BasicPasswordLoginModule to service.naming

This should help you to deploy.

Best regards,

Vito Palasciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Success....:-(((

What I did:

1) Followed your instructions to change the SDM password.

2) Started the configtool and changed the admin passord to the same new password

3) restarted the pc

4) started the SDM Remote GUI to check the new password: ok

5) started Visual Admin to check the new passord: not okay, still old password

6) using the UserAdmin at localhost:50000 to change the Administrator password to the new password

7) started Visual Admin again: new password ok

😎 checked the BasicPasswordLoginModule setting: was already there

9) restarted the pc

10) started Developer Studio en tried to deploy my EAR:

logged in with new password: ok

BUT:

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/jvv/LOCALS1/Temp/temp4783Welkom.ear

Aborted: development component 'Welkom'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2006.04.12.17.14.03':

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [sapserver] with user name: [admin] Check your login information. Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.]

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLVED!!!

SP16 has changed the Admin's userid. It's now 'Administrator' in stead of 'admin'. But the deployment utility is still using 'admin'. Adding a user named 'admin' - with the same groups and roles as Administrator - solved this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

I have the same problem here for a 2004s portal..

After having created the admin user in the portal. do i also have to do something in the visual admin?

Thank you

Kind regards Steen