cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Integration with Tibco EMS (Using JMS Adapter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does someone has the knowledge how to integrate the SAP XI to the Tibco EMS using the SAP XI JMS adapter ?

Best Regards,

Yaki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yaki,

chk this thread,

has some details i beleive. You need to configure a "Queue" in Tibco JMS server.

Deploy TIBCO JMS libraries to XI , then configure the JMS sender/receiever adapter based n your requirement(whether you want to listen to a queue/send data to a queue) and you should be done.

well, limitation of XI , it cannot support Topics

Regards

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

Thanks for the quick response.

I recieved the following jars files from my Tibco administrator, do you know which of them is relevant for the integration with the SAP XI (Using JMS adapter) ?

crimson.jar

jaxp.jar

jcert.jar

jms.jar

jndi.jar

jnet.jar

jsse.jar

jta-spec1_0_1.jar

tibcrypt.jar

tibjms.jar

tibjmsadmin.jar

tibjmsapps.jar

tibrvjms.jar

Best Regards,

Yaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yaki, i do not have TIBCO JMS server in our environemnt so unable to help you with the exact list of jar files to deploy.

It sure will be in the TIBCO JMS server documentation. Another way is to look at the examples or "code samples" that come along with the JMS server installation.

You have to look at the Java code sample that listens/sends data to a queue. To execute this code sample, the JMS server documentation will give you instructions, to add so and so libraries to your classpath. This is the same list of Jars you have to deploy in XI , a round about way, but will sure work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaki,

some of this jars are standard java jars which are not TIBCO related (like jms.jar) and don't need to be deployed on XI, as they are already there (in fact you'll get errors if you deploy them again) The only jars you'll need are the TIBCO specific jars. So as a guess i would say try it with everything starting with tib, if you can't find detailed information in the documentation.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I put the following parameters at the Integration Directory :

Transport Protocol : <b>Access JMS Provider with JNDI</b>

JNDI Lookup Name of QueueConnectionFactory : QueueConnectionFactory

JNDI Lookup Name of jms queue : <b>queue.sample</b>

Name of JNDI initial context factory : <b>com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory</b>

JNDI server address : <b>tibjmsnaming://milano:7222</b>

In the RWB the JMS Channel is red with the following error message :

"<b>Receiver channel. Details: Null pointer received from QueueConnectionFactory JNDI lookup</b>."

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Yaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you not specified the user name and password? May be one of the reasons for failure...

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

We are not using the security for now, thanks anyway.

Regards,

Yaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yaki,

Can you check from a Standalone JMS client program whether you can lookup and retrive the object successfully? In that case you'll get to know if something is going wrong on the client side with these setting.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

I wrote a Java program with the same parameters, it works !

Regrads,

Yaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your standalone Java client works fine this means that the problem lies somewhere in your XI environment. Meaning that you should first check if your driver for Tibco has been properly deployed on XI or not. This is because standalone prog reaching JMS server and retriving objects ensures that server side does not have issue and in case of XI the drivers are going to be the bridge between XI and EMS...May be you should try a redeploy!!!

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to test if a jar is in the CLASSPATH of the XI ?

Regards,

Yaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaki,

there is a service which is called either Classloader Viewer or Classpath Resolver on the server node in the J2EE Visual Admin. In that service you see a list of all deployed sdas, so you can check for jmsproviderlib. Then if you click on that to open, it should show you all the jar files that came in with the deployment.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

Thanks, it realy gives a clear view about the required jars files.

I'll try to complete the tibco jars list.

Does anyone know which jar is required for Tibco-EMS integration ?

Regards,

Yaki

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaki,

Could you tell me which drivers did you deploy on the XI? I want to do the same scenario but I dont have the docs of the TIBCO.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Omar Hernandez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We deployed tibjms.jar in XI to connect to Tibco JMS queue. Our requirement was to subscribe to a message residing in JMS queue using JMS receiver channel.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you successful in getting the integration working between XI and TIBCO EMS? If so, would you be willing to share which JARs you deployed in XI from TIBCO, as well as the specific configuration settings in the XI JMS Adapter? We are facing similar issues with doing this as part of a project and would love to get some clarity on this. Appreciate any help you can provide.

-alison