cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace import to another repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a DTR on one system from where I would like to transport the contents of it(DCs and other projects) to a DTR on another system altogehter.

I've set up a track, imported the dependency builds and the workspace is ready.

From DTR1, I created a propogation list and created an export too (from the DTR admin client - dtrshell).

I'm stuck up how to import the exported file into the new workspace on DTR2.

The import command in the dtrshell seems to do something when i run it, but i dont see anything being updated in DTR2 workspace.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

Can you please specify the commands that you are executing and also the name of source and target workspace. maybe someone can then point out what is it that you may not be doing correctly.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

workspace in DTR1 is

//DEV_WEBDYN_D/WEBDYN/my_SC/dev/inactive.

I've all the DCs in this workspace. These have to be imported into DTR2 on another system.

worspace in DTR2 is

//CAP_WEBDYN_D/WEBDYN/my_SC/dev/inactive

From DTR1, i created a propagation list.

mkpl -p testpl -c testpl -w //DEV_WEBDYN_D/WEBDYN/my_SC/dev/inactive

And exported this propagation list.

>export /prop/testpl -f C:\prop1.list

I tried to import this propagation list into DTR2.

>refresh CAP_WEBDYN_D

>import -f C:\prop1.list

It seems do something but I'm not sure where the contents are being imported because I see nothing updated in DTR2.

Thanks,

Rajit

P.S: DTR2 has no sources at all at the moment.

Message was edited by: Rajit Srinivas

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

I believe the import statement has just imported the propagation list. After this you may have to execute the integrate command to integrate the propagation list.

Look at the help for INTEGRATE command and try running that command.

Do let us know your results.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

When i try the integrate command it complains "Couldnot find target workspace".

integrate -p /prop/testpl -w //CAP_WEBDYN_D/WEBDYN/my_SC/dev/inactive

I've Dev configs from both DTR1(Client - DEV_WEBDYN_D) and DTR2(Client - CAP_WEBDYN_D) in my studio. So when I login to dtrshell, which server does it login to by default? Does it depend on the active configuration in the dev studio?

To run the above command, which client should be in? DEV_WEBDYN_D or CAP_WEBDYN_D? (I tried the command from being in both clients)

I'd prefer if you give the steps that you would follow.

PS:Please remember both DTRs are on different physical m/cs

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use the client defined for DTR2.

You can use the "workspaces" command to get a list of all available workspaces. Make sure you see your target workspace in that list. If that is not the case, there's something wrong with your client definition in case you do see the workspace in the DTR WebUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the tip.

But I seem to have lost the version history from the old DTR. Isnt there a way to retain it in such transports?

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no experience importing a propagationlist into a workspace on another DTR server. What I have seen is that the version history points to the workspace that the sources are coming from and as such it is still available if the workspaces are in the same DTR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyways Thanks Pascal.

My problem is solved for the moment. Atleast i've all the sources into the new DTR.