cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Account xxxxx requires an assignment to a CO object'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I encountered the above error and tried to solve it by reading all the related messages in the forum, but still my problem exists, hence seeking help.

The transfer to accounting was working fine, but recently the users have created a new division and based on that Internal Orders, Profit Center, Business Area and Cost center has been created. In the Sales Order at item level the internal orders, profit centers and Business area is populated correctly. Billing is done but posting does not work.

Checked OKB9, VKOA has been working, profit center in material ....

Can someone suggest more options please.

Regards,

Udaynath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Talk to your CO consultant or counter part. The G/L account needs to be assigned to a Cost Center.

Regards,

Jan Pel

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to maintain cost center in OKB9 for the particular G/L account for which you are getting error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the account determination analysis of the billing document.

CntrlShiftF12 after entering into the billing document with VF03.

May be you may get the required information for the determination of the accounts.

Report back if the problem still exist.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohammad for the reply, the G/L account is determined properly. The error is about CO.

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

Can you Please post Complete "System Error-Log", in order to understand the exact error?

Else, this Hit-n-Trail will go on and on and on...

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit, read your thread on the same topics being put on this forum again and again. Very much agree with you on that. But there are times when even after going through all the threads and checking them something is still amiss, hence hoping an experienced hand to help.

Anyways as advised this is the error message i got.

Long text.

"Diagnosis

All given account assignment objects (order, project) are defined as statistical.

System Response

Statistical orders or projects are ignored when FI and CO are reconciled. You must enter a cost center, order, project, or cost object to which the costs are posted for CO postings.

Procedure

Enter a cost center, an order, a project, or a cost object that is not statistical. The posting row affected is 0000001001 and the account is 50000656. "

Technical Details.

Tech. data details

Client

Group Number

Sales Document Number 8010004585

Item Number of the SD Document 000000

Schedule Line Number 0248

Counter in Control Tables 00

Message Identification KI

System Message Number 248

Output Type E

Message Variable 01 50000656

Message Variable 02 0000001001

Message Variable 03

Message Variable 04

Group Type

Regards,

Uday.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to assign one cost center to your G/L account.

Please chack in KA02 anybody maintained in cost center for your G/L account in default acct assignment tab.If entry missed please maintain the entry of the cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I checked in the Quality client, in the acct assgnment tab of the GL account there is no cost center assigned, still the accounting document was being generated. Is it really required ?

Udaynath

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To rectify this error you need to assign G/L account to one cost center.

Please compare your scenarios in production & quality to get it resolve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your error assignment has to be done in OBYC transaction code;

regards,

sadanandam kasarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Udaynath,

As, you have already confirmed about your Config-settings in T. Code: OKB9 and VKOA

I suggest You, to maintain a Cost Element for the G/L Account no. XXXXX.

Go to T. Code: KA01, and create a Cost Element "XXXXX", under Controlling Area..

Meanwhile, i check for other alternatives.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for the reply. The cost element is also maintained.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use t.code:OBYC, enter chaart of account

Click GBB

In next screen enter Val. Gro. Code, Acct Gro. Code, Valuation class and G/L accounts for Dr & Cr and save.

Note: before that u have save the Rules

How to save Ruls:

OBYC-> enter chart of account-> Click BSX->Click “Rules”

Select the check box of Debit/Credit in accounts , General modification, Valuation Modification, Valuation class “Account are determine based on” TAB and save.

Regards,