cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout on remote connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to everybody,

I have a problem with what seems to be a timeout. I'm connecting to several R/3 systems which are in the same network, from outside that network with a VPN; the IP address of every application server in that network is NAT-ted to a local (virtual) address in my network. Every one of those R/3 keeps me logging me out after about 60 seconds inactivity, which happens very frequently, and I'm not the only one to experience this.

The problem is that since the timeout does NOT affect those logging from inside the target network, support says it's not a parameter set on SAP system, but a network problem: from my point of view, the TCP/IP connectivity seems to be fine with no packet loss. The reported error is:

Connection to 'localip:localport' broken

WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer

I know nearly nothing of SAP AS Technology and Network Ops, so can someone tell me his opinion?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Just try setting the parameter rdisp/keepalive to some seconds and check of the same happens or not.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Giuseppe,

Where you ever able to solve this issue ? I am experiencing exactly the same problem.

Thanks for your feedback.

BVPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the answer is 'No'.

The LAN-to-LAN was eventually dismissed and i ended up working at customer location, so we solved it the non-technical way.

Bye

daferriero1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Check if there's an IP address of a Router in the logon pad. Remove it and check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Other than the keep alive parameters, Please check the parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout as well.

Regards

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you ever solve your SAP Timeout issue from back in 2011?

Ken

likpco at comcast dot net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually the reason for such problems (connection loss from remote but not from 'sinside') comes from firewall-settings. Since you are not the only one, the error is most likely not on your side (e.g. your router).

I'd ask the customer to check the firewall settings.

Regards,

ulf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

parameter rdisp/keepalive is set to 1200 seconds, so it cannot be the one; but I noticed that rdisp/keepalive_timeout is set to 60; is this the one?

Please notice that parameters are set by the company owning the systems (as an external, I can only see them) so I can't do "try-n-see" many times. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Both the parameters rdisp/keepalive and rdisp/keepalive_timeout in your case are set to default.

As per this setting the GUI connection will timeout when the SAP GUI does not respond within the time specified by rdisp/keepalive_timeout parameter.

Parameter rdisp/keepalive is used to keep the session alive for say 1200 secs, the dispatcher pings the GUI connections periodically if no data is being transferred. To do this, the dispatcher sends the GUI a messages and waits for an answer for rdisp/keepalive_timeout seconds say 60 secs. If there is no reponse in this time, the dispatcher assumes that there is an network error and terminates the connection.

If you think thisis the cause then there is no harm in setting the parameter right with the approval of the system owner.

Regards,

Yoganand.V