Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Single sign-on --- ICWEB->ASP.NET->SAP Server

Netters,

I am developing an ASP .NET application that makes an RFC call to a SAP Server. User will first go to the ICWEB client where they will be redirected to the ASP .NET application.

user -> IC Web Client --> ASP .NET app --> SAP R/3 Server

I need to connect to the SAP server using the client's credentials. The SAP connection object requires, among other things, the username and the password fields.

I am trying to understand how I can achieve a single sign-on for the user. It appears that the IC Web Client can submit information to the ASP .NET application either by GET or by POST methods.

Option 1: IC Web somehow looks up the password for the user and submits it to the ASP .NET app. Is this possible?

Option 2: The ASP .NET application maintains its own username/password map.

Option 3: The single sign-on doc from SAP suggests that there is a way to obtain a "ticket" from the SAP server that can be used. I imagine this ticket is some kind of cryptic string that can be used as a connection string to SAP. Is this correct? Can you please direct me to any sample code?

I would appreciate it if you can share your thoughts. Perhaps, there is a better option that I just overlooked.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pradeep

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question