cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time out by selection currency during copy company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i want to copy company code 0001 to 1000 by entering tcode ec01. when i start copy it required change local currency, i press F4 , here it take too much time and generate time_out error.

plz tell me what the wrong with it

regard

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey try updating the stats of the currency table

It can help improve the performance and will not result in TIME_OUT errors

to know the name of table,open a SM50 screen in a different window,again do the same operation on EC01 and in SM50 check for the table name which it is accessing and update the stats of the table using DB01

Hope it helps

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

how can i update stat of the table in db01, i find the table name by sm50

regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry I mean DB02

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to db02-single table anaylsis-give the table name and then anaylze

the go to indexes tab,select the index and then update statistics

Let me know if it helps

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

in DB02 i not fine single table analysis, plz guide me where i find it in DB02

regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

when in DB01 in left side of the screen,there is an option of single table Analysis

plz check

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i checked in detail in DB02, left side of DB02 main folder are Performance, Space, Jobs, Alerts, & Diagnostics. i also check these main folder in detail there is no option like that (single table Analysis)

my SAP is ECC 6.0 SR3 , Kernel patch is 185 , SPAM is 26 , BASIS & ABAP level r 14

plz tell me in detail that option

regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

are u using Oracle database,then use T-Code DB20

if u r on SQL database it has to be under Space node in DB02

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes my Database is oracle in DB20 i enter the table name (D010INC), now tell me what to next , becoz there r diff option which r right above.

regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go throught the following procedure:

1. Enter the name of the table in Table (do not enter a generic name or pattern) and choose Refresh information to display information about current table statistics

2. Choose Create statistics to update statistics for the table using the values in Status. We recommend you to only change the values in Status in exceptional circumstances.

3. The system updates statistics for the table and updates Last statistics and Number of table entries

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi .......

i have done these steps , when i create statistics, it tell that see result in DB14 becoz it take too much time. when i check db14 there no operation is going on.

plz tell me how much time it take and why db14 not showing any operation that relate to statistics

IMRAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

when u go on DB14,it will take you to the screen for display operations log for database

Now either click on BRCONNECT or ALL operations

it will show you the log of operations that have been performed on database

Now check the in the logs and it will show something like update optimizer statistics,check for it wther it was successful

Updating the stats willl take some time

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes in BRCONNECT option it is showing that operation end.

now i start coping company code again (0001 to 1000) during table read it take more time than before .

when it reach at change local currency i press f4 , after 10 min it generate error

time_out.

"The program "SAPLSDSD" has exceeded the maximum permitted runtime without

interruption and has therefore been terminated"

i also increase time limit from 600 sec to 1000 sec. but result is same. while all other things r working properly.

plz tell me what can i next to get rid this error

IMRAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

are u sure that the table D010INC is the right one.Also are u sure that the statistics were updated correctly.

You can refer to Note 588668 which tells about your problem and the resolution is updating the stats only?

is this the first time that you have faced this issue or the first that you have tried doing it or is it a new system?

Also in DB13 can you check whether statsisitcs are bein updated regularly through the jobIf not,.I would suggest you to do this first may be today night

Comments

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks rohit

problem hase been solved. statistics were updated correctly.

Thanks Again for help

regard

IMRAN KHAN

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

more clues:

go to DB02,in left side panel,there are few nodes,u will find this under space node

Rohit