cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Availability Check - Overall Planned vs Overall Released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently using ECC6, and have noticed the following for Budget Availability check:

If budget availability check is configured to check against the overall (planned) budget, the check (and warning/ error) will kick in at WBS level. However, when it is configured against the overall released budget, it will only kick in when the overall budget AT PROJECT level has been exceeded.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the replies.

To sum up:

1) Budget availability check is indeed at WBS element level.

2) If the setup is such that warning is given for PR and error is given for PO, an error will NOT be triggered for PR - PO conversion case, since warning was already given at PR creation stage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For point 2: The system will issue error message if the value from PR to PO increases

example:

Case 1

Budget: 43K

Availability control setting:

- Transaction : PR, Action : Warning, Usage: 100%

- Transaction: PO, Action: Error, Usage: 100%

You create PR 43K and then create PO 43K, the system will not issue error message since the value is not increased, the availability control doesn't check the budget again

Case 2

Budget: 43K

Availability control setting:

- Transaction : PR, Action : Warning, Usage: 100%

- Transaction: PO, Action: Error, Usage: 100%

You create PR 40K and then create PO 43K, the system will issue error message because from PR to PO the value is increased 3K

From 2 cases above, even the POs have the same value (43K) but the system issues error message on case 2 only

Please check note 783161 - Availability control check only if assigned value increases for clearer explanation and examples

Edited by: Kealin F on Feb 18, 2009 5:47 AM

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you chekc your budget profile in OPS9 and take help of F4 you will get the inputs for issue.

Availability control indicatorIndicator which controls whether availability checks are conducted against the overall value or against annual ones.

Use

In the project budget profile, the "Overall" indicator, used in conjunction with the "Releases" indicator, has the following effect:

Ind. 'Overall' Ind. 'Releases' Avail. control against ...

X - Overall budget

- - Annual budget

X X Overall budget released

- X Annual budget released

X = Indicator is set, in other words, checkbox was checked.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the above. However it does not specify the behaviour of the availability check. With reference to the SAP Help documents:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/86/98853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/86/98853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm]

the following is mentioned:

"Dependent on the settings in the budget profile, availability control checks against one of the following values:

• Current overall budget in controlling area currency

• Current overall budget in object currency

• Current annual budget in controlling area currency

• Current annual budget in object currency

• Released overall budget in controlling area currency (only for projects)

• Released overall budget in object currency (only for projects)

• Released annual budget in controlling area currency (only for projects)

• Released annual budget in object currency (only for projects)"

From the above, the text gives the impression that availability control checks for released budgets apply only for projects.

For my case when I control at overall budget, the check will be triggered at the lowest level WBS where budget is planned. However when I control at released overall, the check will only kick in at the level 1 WBS element (i.e. grand budget total at project level must be exceeded).

Can anyone confirm this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

That is not correct.

If you set the availability control against released budget, the system will check against released budget in the lowest WBS element (in which you release the budget in CJ32)

I think what SAP document means by (only for projects) is that budget release function only applies for project, it doesn't apply for Internal Orders

Regards,

-K-

Former Member
0 Kudos

My availability check settings are as follows:

Activation Type = 1

Overall = <Checked>

Releases = <Checked>

My overall project budget is, say, 70k. I have released 43k budget for WBS element 1. However with availability control active, I was still able to post a PO against WBS element 1. It was only blocked when I tried to post another PO such that total cost > 70k. =(

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the budget you said have you maintained in CJ30 and released in CJ32. for 43 K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

The overall planned budget for the project (original + supplements) is ard 70k.

Planned budget for WBS element 1 (original + supplements) is ard 43k.

The full planned budget was released using CJ32; after which I managed to raise a PO of value 45k that was assigned to WBS element 1.

Hope this clarifies.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You reconstruct availability control for project with transaction CJBN.

Sudhir