cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope Agent does not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am installing Solution Manager Diagnostics on a Solution Manger 7.0 System. At the moment i am on the point to install the Wily Introscop Agent and i have following problem:

At first i tried the automatic setup and deployed the agent with JSPM and it seemed to work. I see "ISAGENT" on the System Information -> All Compontents over http://0/smd/admin and there is no log directory in the wily directory?

Does anybody has an idea whats wrong?

Best Regards,

Stefan

Edited by: Stefan on Feb 17, 2009 8:57 AM

Edited by: Stefan on Feb 17, 2009 9:31 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should use the automatic config as described the Documentation. then you deploy the agent through the wizard.

https://service.sap.com/diagnostics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i had a look on the wrong the wrong directory. I checked the directory /usr/sap/ccms/wily for the automatic installation of the introscop agent. In the IntroscopeFAQ.pdf is mentioned, that the path for the automatic introscope agent is /usr/sap/SMD/Jxx/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.app

lication.wily/ISAgent/ISAGENT71_13_0/wily and for the log files should be /usr/sap/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/temp/wily/log but there are in both cases no wily files or logs? But i get the information over the System Information - Our Solution Manger is 7.0 NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 - Am i looking on the wrong places for these files?

Hope anybody can help me!

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Currently, I am also facing the same problem for wily introscope agent.

If you have got the solution could you please post it. It will be very benifitial for me.

Best Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

1. Wily IS Agent (2 agents) is installed ONLY in SOLMAN system.

2. Then, with SOLMAN_SETUP Guided procedure, in third phase (Managed System Configuration),

you deploy the Wily IS Agent to your managed system.

To summarize :

1. Install the ISAGENTxxx.SCA in SOLMAN only !

2. Start the SOLMAN_SETUP guided procedure

3. Phase I - Initial Configuration

Phase II - Basis Configuration

Phase III - Managed System Configuration.

In Phase III, there are 6 steps :

1. Connect Managed system

2. Check Prerequisites

3. Manual Configuration

4. Diagnostics Configuration

5. Wily Introscope Configuration

6. Create Logical Components

The Wily IS Agent (2 agents : IS Agent wich monitored JAVA instance and Wily Host-level Agent which a sub-process of the SMD Agent) is configured and STARTED here.

So, you cannot start / stop by any OS command the Wily IS Agent.

You start it from SMD.

Hope it help you.

Best regards

Pascal Cuennet