cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Lookup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hav developed a Function Module (which increments a counter) on the ABAP stack of the XI. do i have any different way to invoke this function call from the way which we do using JCO's for external Lookups r use comm chnl for the external DB's r RFCs? r just let me know the way of invoking it.

any help wud b appreciated

thnx in advance

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a part of the post installation step you will have the XI system in the SLD.Use the same business system.

Configure the RFC adapter as you configure for any system.there is no much difference other than fact that RFC destination that is specified in the adapter will be pointing to itself in SM59.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot Sravaya.....:-)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,,

This blog and article deals with calling your RFC from your JAVA MAPPING / User Defined Function.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/801376c6-0501...

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two ways

1) either write java code for invoking

2) or use RFC lookups https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-code-samples... mapping lookups rfc api.pdf

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thnx for the reply.

My point is that the Function Module is on the ABAP stack of the XI itself. it is not an external system. in that case, how can i develop a comm chnnl and proceed further? how shud i invoke the Function Module on the ABAP Stack of XI?

Thnx

Anil.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can there won't be any problem... XI is another SAP box !!! Just give the required parameters in the RFC adapter.

Regards

Suraj

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

i assume that is not possible bcoz ABAP stack is configured as integration server in SLD and in SXMB_ADM. If you want to invoke it in "normal" way you have to copy the XI mandant and configure it to "Application System".

May be the easiest way is to call that function module from a ABAP mapping. For design a senseful scenario we have to know more details about requirements.

Regards,

Udo

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for the info... & that goes to my knowledge book !!!

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo/Anil,

We have tried the same scenario and it does work for us.

We too have a FM on the abap stack of the XI server and we are calling it using the lookup API from user defined functions and Java mapping.

Inspite of abap stack being configured as Integration server in SXMB-ADM this scenario has been working fine for us and has been giving correct results.

Regards,

Sulakshana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it does not matter. We too have Function modules in the abap stack and there are no issues whatsoever calling them in the 100 client(IS client in our case)

If you intend to use the adapter approach, import the Business System configured in ur SLD that represents your IS client, configure a RFC commn channel under it and you can use it in any of ur XI scenarios. You may have to create a comunication user(say rfcuser in ur XI abap stack) and use it in your Commn channel config.

If you use the jco approach, create a User defined func , import jco package, call ur rfc using jco APIs

Thanks

Saravana

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

it seems, other people had tested that with surprising positive results Delete it from ur knowlegde book,

AND SORRY for the wrong information,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sulakshana,

Can u plz gimme the list of the steps abt how to configure XI sytem (IS) in the SLD and the comm chnl. can u plz let me know wot else is to be done from XI (ABAP) side to achieve this.

Thnx

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

XI system is to be configured as mentioned in the post installation steps.

You need to use a RFC receiver communication channel and just mention the XI server hostname with appropriate user (having autorizations for RFC call).

Just one more thing.We had to transport these changes to QA and prod systems hence we preferred using Business Service rather than Business System .While transporting, the name of the business system changes while in the lookup API code we have to hardcode the service name.Hece we used Business service so the transported code would work fine in all systems.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sulakshana