cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lanscape component - Several Relases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ho can I mantain logical compmonenst for both ECC 5 and ECC 6 systems? I can select only one release from the list right now.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

a logical component can have only one product version assigned. Therefore, you need to decide whether to use ECC 5.0 or ECC 6.0. This should be sufficient in the "normal" case where DEV, QAS, PRD system have the same release (product version).

Only in case of an upgrade it might be the case that these system have a different release during the upgrade phase. In this case, you may create a new logical component for the new release and replace the "old" logical component at the end of the upgrade project.

Nevertheless, Solution Manager allows it to have systems with different releases within one logical component. So you can also change the product version of the logical component for the upgrade although not all system of the logical component are already on their new release.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, using this thread as a basis for my question.

I want to do the other thing around :

We have a DEV-QAS-PRD landscape for our Maintenance landscape

We have a DEV-QAS landscape for our Project landscape

We want to start using ChaRM including Retrofit and Cutover, and now are building a POC landscape consisting of the above two landscapes. But, and here is the clue, the Maintenance Landscape is R/3 Enterprise version 4.70 and the Project Landscape is ECC 5.0.

But for the POC we want to have the DEV-QAS of ECC 5.0 in the same landscape as the DEV of R/3 Enterprise.

This way we can build a virtual DEV-QAS-PRD (actually being DEV for R/3 Enterprise) landscape.

This is the way it should be done, and yes, we know, in theory this is not allowed, but it is only to build a Proof of Concept, and these are the only systems we have for this.

Please give a hint on how to do this because from SMSY it can not be done.

with kind regards,

Rik Vriens.

+31.6.51937336

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rik,

you have to create a logical component for ECC 5.0 and a second logical component for SAP R/3 4.7. Add the project systems (DEV and QAS) to the ECC50 component. All all your maintenance systems to SAP R/3 47 logical component,

Then add both logical components to you SMI project (best before you create the task list).

During the upgrade project you can move the upgraded systems from SAPR3 47 logical component to ECC50 component, until the SAPR3 47 component is empty.

Best Regards,

Holger