Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Inspection Lot Creation.

former_member577912
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have created new inspection type as Z01 by copying the 01 and I have maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types under 01. After that I have assigned my new inspection type Z01 to material master and activated it with material post to quality. Up to this it is working fine but after GRN system is not creating the lot. Even thou material is posting to the quality stock but no lot is in QA32.

But if I Create the lot wih QA01 it working fine and I'm able to do the UD also. But for no automatic lot generated for purchase order.

Please provide the details how to resolve this issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish,

Might be you have missed following setting to create inspection lot for Z01, please check.

SPRO --> QM --> Quality inspection --> Inspection lot creation -> Define default value for inspection type.

Here select inspection type - Z01

Inspection lot creation tab select post to inspection stock checkbox.

Control Inspection lot = "For each material document item." - might you have missed this.

Check and confirm back.

Through QA01 you are creating inspection lot but you are not able to do UD bse, might be you have not assigned selected set to inspection type at maintain inspection type setting.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

former_member577912
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

All standard settings are there as I have copied 01 insp type.

I'm able to do UD. But problem is that syatem is not creating the auto insp lot.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Have you maintained the 01 and Z01 both to the material? If yes then check whether it is creating lot for 01 at the time of GR?

Remove / Deactivate the 01 type and then try again with fresh PO and GR.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member577912
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal Joshi,

I have reomoved the 01 and only given Z01only in material master. No lot is generated. Even thou in MMBE stock in QI.

Thanks any other input. My requirement is that I want to have lot in QA32 for Z01.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SPRO Quality inspection - inspection lot creation ; have you maintained inspection lot origin and inspection type for origin 01 goods receipt maintain z01

Thanks

vinay

former_member577912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

Under origin 01Setting is like this

01 01 Incoming insp. for GR for purchase order

02 Z01 Incoming insp. for GR Indirect Pur Mat

I want inspection type 01 and Z01 so for some material I use the insp type 01 and for few material Z01.

And it is activeted in materail master accordingly.

But no output for Z01.

Hope you got my point.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Z01 Incoming insp. for GR Indirect Pur Mat

indiect pur. material means

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Have you maintained the proper number ranges for this new inspection type Z01. Check it in QA09.

The same is client dependent so will required to maintained separately for each client.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member577912
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

Don't worry about it is just name? And what is in name?

Regards,

Manish

Edited by: manish gurnule on Feb 17, 2009 9:38 AM

former_member577912
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes it is there as I'm able to create manual lot through QA01.

Please guide.

Regards,

Manish

Edited by: manish gurnule on Feb 17, 2009 8:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Have You checked the Inspection setup in Material Master, If Z01 is checked for Prefered Insp. and Active.Pref check is must.

Regards,

Neeraj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manish

These are the procudural steps when going to create a new inspection type

1) Maintain task list usage - SPRO> QM> Quality Planning > Inspection Planning> General> Define task list usages

2) Maintain inspection type - SPRO> QM> Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Processing > Inspection Lot Creation > Maintain inspection types (for eg Z89) - Also maintain the task list usage here

3) Maintain Quality inspection lot origins and assign inspection types - SPRO> QM > Inspection Lot Processing > Inspection Lot Creation > Maintain inspection lot origins and assign inspection types

4) Define default values for inspection type - SPRO > QM> Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Processing > Inspection Lot Creation > Define default values for inspection type

5) please check for any user exits in MIGO which have been used which is creating any issues.

Regards

gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manish

please let us know

1) for 01 inspection is the lot being created

2) are u doing source inspection and you have maintained in Quality inforecord no GR inspection

3) Whethr in QUality infor record you have maintained in inspection control No inspection

4) What material type are u using for this PO

5) you are choosing the right combination in QA32.

Regards

gajesh

former_member577912
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Please note

1) for 01 inspection is the lot being created:- YES

2) are u doing source inspection and you have maintained in Quality inforecord no GR inspection

:- NO settings are common for 01 and Z01 insp type.

3) Whethr in QUality infor record you have maintained in inspection control No inspection

No

4) What material type are u using for this PO :- All

5) you are choosing the right combination in QA32. Yes

Example inistially lot was creating with insp type 01 now I have change only the insp type to Z01 but lot is not created even thou material is posting to QI.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

In MAterial master - Inspection set up activate prefered Inspection for Z01 inspection type than checkl.

Regards,

Neeraj Bhadauria