cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create planning book macros having different time bucket profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have a problem in our project. Our data view have a short time bucket profile (13 weeks) which is used for Deployment whereas our SNP Planning is for 104 weeks. The thing is when running real time deployment for a shorter time period (as Heuristics is run to create new STRs in real-time deployment), safety stock is planned only for 13 weeks horizon which entails having zero STR at the end of the planning horizon because there is no safety stock calculated by DRP data view macros.

We tried to create macro in planning book but planning book somehow chooses a time bucket profile of one of the data views and other data views having different time bucket profile does not see the macros in the planning book.

So actually what we need is safety stock macro to run for 104 weeks without extending data view time bucket as deployment planning takes place only for 13 weeks. How can we do this?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sisi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge, this is not possible by playing around with the dates in the step.

Even if you give dates beyond the dataview's horizon, the system will defualt the periods to the start and end period of the dataview.

However, you can definitely write a macro with a Z function module, do your calculations in FM and then use BAPI_PBSRVAPS_CHANGEKEYFIGVAL to write back these values into teh resepctive weeks.

But since your dataview is only available for 13 weeks, you wont be able to view this data unless you have a dataview with 104 weeks.

Ofcourse to do so again , you can always write a ABAP routine to display 104 weeks on a popup still being in a 13 weeks dataview.

Hope i understood your problem and answered what you required!

Please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vaidya

Thanks for your answer. But I am still wondering about planning book macros. We had tried that last week by defining a dummy data view with 104 weeks horizon which helped to increase the buckets in the planning book. When we defined macros in the planing book and deactivated the macros in the 13 weeks data view it had seen the planning book macros and done what we need.

But now somehow we cannot reproduce this example.

Do you have any idea on this?

Otherwise, we can try your solution.

Thanks..

Sisi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case what you can do is , let the macros run in the 104 weeks dataview (ensure that you have teh relevant keyfigures from the 13 weeks dataview).

Ensure that you have the same keyfigure names (technical names) included in the 13 W dataview and 104 week dataview.

Since these are LC keyfigures, when your macro runs in the 104W dataview say KF A has a value of 100. Now when you open the 13 W dataview since it also has KF A, the value of 100 will be displayed there.

Does this sound helpful to your situation?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion, so this means we definitely use a time series KF for this purpose? Any other option that we can use without changing our current design?

We are afraid that defining all those as time series will impact our performance.

Thanks once again for your help!

Sisi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I scratched my brains to come up with 2 options 1) having a new KF but hide it 2) Use an ABAP

These are the only two solutions possible as per my experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaidya

Thnxx a lot for your help, we actually went with another very simple solution and increased the data view horizon. But deployment and Heur still runs for short term 😃

Sisi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaidya

But unfortunately our stock on hand, safety stock and target stock level KFs are not time series or LC, they are auxilary KFs.

Do you know any other possibility?

Thank you very much.

Sisi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When we had a situation like this, we had created KF's in planning areas so that they could store values across dataviews and we hid those keyfigures in teh dataview.

So these are not visible to any planner but they help us store the calculation result.

Let me know if this helps!