cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to SAP Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam new to this web dynpro.Iam trying to connnect web dynpro application to the SAP database.In what way i have to procced.Could anyone provide examples for this.

pLease provide the required documents.

Please anyone help me to achieve that.

Regards

Sushma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to create a table in the database.

I think there is two methods in ABAP.one is TOP TO BOTTOM,BOTTOM TO TOP.

Iam new to this ABAp and also web dynpro.

Please provide the step by step document for both the approaches.

Please help me.

Regards

Sushma

Former Member
0 Kudos

To know more about creating table in ABAP orcreating RFCs,the best place to post is ABAP forum.

ThenCome back to this forum if you face problems accessing the same using webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma ,

creation of table in se11 :

GO TO SE11 THEN GIVE A NAME AND PRESS THE BUTTON CREATE AND

IT WILL TAKE TO A DIFFERENT SCREEN. GIVE THE SHORT TEXT.

GIVE A PREDIFIENED DOMAIN NAME OR IF YOU WANT TO CREATE

GIVE A NEW NAME STARTING WITH Z AND DOUBLE CLICK IT THE

AFTER THAT GIVE THE DATA ELEMENT.

ACTIVATE THE TABLE AND A PHYSICAL TABLE WOULD BE CREATED IN

THE DATABSE SERVER.

(In top-Down approach, first we Create Table name in SE11 and we go further by creating Data elements and Domains

In Bottom-Up appraoch 1)first we create the Domains ,how many fields you want in the Dbase table save and activate. and 2) next goto sell and select Object type as DATA TYPE give the domain name and assign the corresponding domain to this data element ..like this we create as many as you

want.)

creation of functional module :

check this link http://abaplovers.blogspot.com/2008/02/creating-function-module-in-sap-abap.html

correspondingly you write code to insert data into you ztable , having certain fields as import (make sure that you make it RFC enabled)

creating model in webdynpro to insert into database:

check this link and change accordingly to your ztable and functional module ,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-tec...

Regards,

Sam Charles J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one please provide the Documents,,,How we can access the data from the SAP database.

We can able to connect to the R3.

For example

Now we are having one table,,,how we can connect that table data to the database.

Please provide step by step documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

Please mention clearly , you mean the table in webdynpro connect to the table in database !!!!????

Regards,

Sam Charles J.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

U can access to the backend by using models like Adaptive RFC.u can get tutorials on the sdn on Adaptive RFC models.