cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query: Value mapping replication from R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying a scenario on value mapping table, that will take values from a R/3 system and will get updated dynamically.

I guess Value Mapping Replication needs to be used for the same. I have gone thru this blog <b>https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1301.</b [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]> [original link is broken] But still couldn't understand the proper flow.

It would be great, if any of you reply with a step by step solution for the same.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

Your reply helped me a lot.

Now I'm struck up with the other steps. Can you pls. me how to upload a Excel / RFC table to the integration server (XI runtime cache) using ValueMapping Replication?.

Actually, am following the blog /people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication for that.

According to that ValueMappingReplication is the Inbound interface and ValueMappingReplicationOut is the Outbound interface.

1.) I'll be registering for the inbound interface ( ValueMappingReplication).

2.) Then I've to write an ABAP program which will call the ValueMappingReplicationOut to transfer the table data. Is that rite?..

If yes, please let me know where and how to write the ABAP pgm?.. Is there any other way to avoid ABAP program ( except lookup )?...

Thanks,

Jothivel.

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

<b>2. Create a mapping from the imported structure to the ValueMappingReplication interface??</b>

Can you please elaborate on this??.. Bcoz the <b>structure of the Value Mapping Replication Message contains the fields like GroupID, Context, etc..</b> which is <b>different from the IDOC str</b>. So, please explain <b>how to manipulate those fields</b>.

Thanks,

Jothivel.

Message was edited by: Jothivel Sundaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothivel,

Let me explain value mapping first for better understanding.

assume that u want a mapping between two fields in a IDOC

i;e

field1--->field2.

so in future if field1 comes in a scenario and u use Value Mapping function(Conversion function)field2 will be coming at the output.so create that mapping we have to give field1 and field2 with same GuID eg:

Context:mycontext

Agency:Myscheme

Scheme:Country

GUid:535356636(32 digits)

Identifier:field1

Context:mycontext

Agency:Myscheme(same scheme as above)

Scheme:Code

GUid:535356636(32 digits)same Guid as field1

Identifier:field2

Now this is equivalent to

Context:mycontext.

Myscheme,country -

Myscheme,code

field1 -

field2

so in design if u craete a value mapping function with

source and target shemes, agencies above then corresponding mapping will be done during mapping runtime.

Hope i am clear.

Regards,

Sudharshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for your reply.

<b>Create a mapping from the imported structure to the ValueMappingReplication interface????</b>

Could you please elaborate on this?. Bcoz the structure of the value mapping replication is totally different from our IDOC structure. So can you pls. explain the mapping part?.

Do we need to do any message mapping?. If yes how to do it?

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay Kumar,

You require a message mapping to map the IDOC structure to ValueMappingReplication Message type.

steps:

1.Import the IDOC structure in to ur Softaware Component Version.

2.Copy the Value Mapping Replication Interface from BASIS with all dependent objects in to ur software component version and Namespace.

3.create a message Mapping between Idoc structure and Value Mapping Replication Message.

4.create An Interface Mapping too.

Then follow Configuration.

But when u register in Java Proxy RunTime u must specify ur own <b>Namespace(</b>Interface is the same as it is copied from BASIS).

eg

http://Server:Port/ProxyServer/register?ns=<b>urNamespace</b>&interface=ValueMappingReplication&bean....

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

If you do not want to create data redundancy, you can also execute a data lookup in your mapping using the RFC adapter. Information about that feature can be found in XI's online documentation.

Using the Value Mapping Replication you have to do the following:

1. Import your IDoc or RFC metadata to you repository.

2. Create a mapping from the imported structure to the ValueMappingReplication interface

3. Set up a routing your R/3 system/(IDoc/RFC) to XI/ValueMappingReplication using an adapter of type XI (see blog for details). If your using the RFC sender adapter, you have to specify the relevant data and add a sender agreement. Activate your changes.

4. Activate your proxies as described in the blog

5. Run your ABAP program sending the data.

Best regards

Joachim