cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web DynPro - Java - Application Developement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a sincere request to all of you who are accessing this forum. If you have some free time Please try to create an project using <b>(BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST)</b>. This Bapi lists out the Companies which are available in the Backend.

This BAPI does not take any input .. Just display the output in a tabular form.So one view with a table will be sufficient to devlope this application.

Please inform me if it is working fine in your case.

I am getting the following exception just after assigning the context mapping to the View.

<b>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type extern:com.sap.demo.model.types.CompanyListModel:com.sap.demo.model.types.Bapi0014_1 could not be loaded:</b> com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: Type com.sap.demo.model.types.Bapi0014_1 does not exist

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:297)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:753)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:761)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Context.init(Context.java:40)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:199)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Component.getCustomControllerInternal(Component.java:433)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Component.getMappableContext(Component.java:371)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Component.getMappableContext(Component.java:400)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.MappingInfo.init(MappingInfo.java:138)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:746)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Context.init(Context.java:40)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:199)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.getView(ViewManager.java:540)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.bindRoot(ViewManager.java:422)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.init(ViewManager.java:130)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.InterfaceView.initController(InterfaceView.java:41)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.displayToplevelComponent(ClientComponent.java:134)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:371)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.execute(WebDynproMainTask.java:599)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:59)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:251)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:154)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:116)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:48)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:391)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:345)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:323)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:865)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:240)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:162)

Caused by: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: Type com.sap.demo.model.types.Bapi0014_1 does not exist

at com.sap.dictionary.types.mdi.util.ProviderUtil.createAbapTypeXmlMap(ProviderUtil.java:400)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.mdi.DataProvider.createSimpleTypeFromAbapType(DataProvider.java:586)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.mdi.DataProvider.getDataType(DataProvider.java:286)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionary.getDataType(DdDictionary.java:95)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getDataType(DdBroker.java:164)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getStructure(DdBroker.java:180)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:295)

... 43 more

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got the solution for this. I have tried recreating(JCO Connections), restarting(SLD Data Supplier, etc.), undeploying(Projects), rebuilding(Projects) and deploying to get rid of this exception. But it did not make any difference.

The main concern with this exception is while re-importing the model where the Netweaver Developer Studio works in a very strange way. It actually shows that it has reimported the model without showing any Deltas(shown in the info window in the last stage while importing the model). While this same application is testing on different machine with same version of NWDS where it actually shows the changed structures in the Deltas info.

So, clean the workspace(back up the projects) including the .METADATA folder(which is very very important) and restart the Netweaver Developer Studio which reinstalls itself and creates new version of .METADATA folder.

Now

1) Reimport the projects into the workspace

2) Reimport the model into the project

3) Restart the J2EE Server (Better undeploying the project using Remote SDM GUI before restarting the J2EE Server)

4) After the server is restarted, then rebuild and redeploy the application. Believe me it works.

Regards

Praveen Tipirneni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I feel we are very near to solve this problem. so you had also faced this problem.

But I had tried the steps mentioned by you it is not working.

When I am reimporting the model after cleaning of workspace still I am not able to see any deltas..

I hope in this case you are getting some delta info.

Then I restarted the J2ee server after undeploying the app. but still the same problem is appearing.

Praveen, If I can get your contact number or email id , I want to talk to you on this.

otherwise you can send ur contact details in this mail id

p_satya123@yahoo.com

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Try out this.....

The problem could be resolved by removing WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST and WD_MODELDATA_DEST from the JCo settings and re-create them again.

Also check out ur SLD configurations.Check on to this which describes a similar problem.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the application after deleting the WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST and WD_MODELDATA_DEST JCO Connections but still getting the same problem.

but Flight List (Tutorial Example) is working fine. I am surprised by this behaviour and unable to determine the differences between these two applications.

thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any suggestion on this. I am really struggling hard to make this work for last 10 days.

Thanks

Satya

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

just try one thing..

just create ur own RFC in the R/3 server.

1) Create your own structure (eg- ZCOMPLIST)which have fields exactly in the BAPI0014_1 .. (COMPANY and NAME1).

2) do one more thing here. change the return parameter type to BAPIRET2.

3) then in ur custom RFC , call the BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST .

then use the output from this BAPI to fill ur ZCOMPLIST table parameter and RETURN.

just try...

do one more thing. u told u have perfectly set up the SLD settings..

remove the R/3 System from the SLD of your application server ...

add the entry for ur removed ABAP System in SLD.

step by step configuration of SLD is explained in this forum..

refer this also..

let me know if u have any difficulties here ..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried out the same but still no success.

I did remove the entry for R/3 system and again entered it.

still the same type not found exception is coming.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrata,

I think that this particular bapi is not reason of your problem (that have not more sens but I have tried call this bapi ant that work fine). I suppose that u have problem with your JCo (application can't load metadata). If JCo's looks ok, try to undeploy your application, remove JCo and again deploy application (a bit of Magi sometimes help

regards

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bogdan,

Thanks for trying out the webdynpro application mentioned by me.

Today also I have tried out the same application after undeploying it but still getting the same exception.

Now I have a feeling that I am missing some step.

<b>Can you please help me in sending your project file in zip format</b> in my mail ID : p_satya123@yahoo.com

I will compare between these two projects and may get some clue.

I am surprised all the tutorial examples are working fine over here but I am getting the above exception when I am using other BAPI then the tutorial.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satyabrata,

i have send you my project by e-mail.

Regards

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

I tried with your project and getting the same exception over here. Now I do not have any idea how to proceed about this problem.

I still have doubt about JCO connection but I am surprised the same JCO connections are working fine for Flight List Project.(BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST)

I am able to view the Flight Data. Is there any debugging steps I should follow? I even do not know from where this exception is coming?

Thanks&Regards

Satya