cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have read some of the other messages on the topic of material substitution and still have a few questions.

This is my scenario;

If Product B is not in stock I can substitute with Product A (higher grade). I will charge the same price to the customer (price of Product B will be charged) and all my customer facing documents are to show Product B.

How should I set up the configuration for this?

What are the item category assignments that must be done for this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

as for your requirement to show only material B in the invoice... i am not sure if standard can handle this. you can, however, select a strategy/outcome so that there is no generation of sub-items. but still, the substitute is shown (without the original material entered).

nevertheless, you can do ABAP in the billing document form to show only the material entered.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Replacing/substituting the product is possible through material determination but not possible to show the details of unsold product in the reports.

regards,

sadanandam kasarla

former_member605515
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to display the New material Description at the Print Out,Please activate at T Code-OVRQ

At Entry tab to activate the Substituation Reasons.

Regards

Sahoo

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It sounds to me as a wrong practice. Sending some goods to the customer with details of a different material in the invoice and other documents. Guess, it is not possible also.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

I guess your in right path, since your customers are asking same part no(Product B) to be displayed on the documents you got strucked up as for my understanding.

For this you can maintain customer-material info record (VD51) for Product B against Product A then in documents it will show both Part nos i.e from your company side its product A but from customer side it product B.

Regards,

Swamy H P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, vicky.

how you set up material determination would partly depend on your substitution reasons. please do t-code OVRQ to maintain reasons. you will also set the strategy and outcome per reason. whether substitution is automatic or manual can be set in the strategy. other desired effects can be set in the outcome. when you define your own reason, you would select outcome as A.

use VB11 to create material determination records. material B will both be the entered and substitute material (enter the desired substitution reason in the line). choose this line item in the record and click on the "alternative materials" button. in the next screen, you will see B in the first line item; enter A in the second line.

when you create sales order, the availability check will first source B and, if quantity is not enough, will fill the balance with A.

regards.