cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy vs WS adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to design proxy - soap synchronus scenario in PI 7.1. Do i need to use the webservice adapter for the outbound synchr proxy?

what is the difference between adapter less config in PI 7.0 to the usage of WS adapter in 7.1?

any suggestions or hints would be really appreciated

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Here are some considerations:

1. WS-RM adapter is ABAP stack adapter, so if you use WS-RM instead of SOAP adapter, then performance should faster, as it does not have to go to AAE.

2. WS-RM is implemented as a proxy as well actually in the ABAP stack, so if your receiver end is another SAP system, I would rather still use proxy

3. The other advantage of WS-RM over other adapters, is that you can have Point to Point connection ( I think currently it only allows SAP to SAP) which can be managed centrally in PI. However, it requires your system to be in SAP_ABA version 7.1

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruslim,

Thanks for your suggestions.

The receiver is non sap system and i need to use NTLM authentication on the receiver side using the SOAP Axis adapter so there is no other option other than axis adapter on the receiver side.

On the sender side i have SAP ECC 6.0 system so i can use WS adapter to send the proxy data to the Integration server. I can even post the data directly to the Integration server as we do in PI 7.0.

I just want to know the advantages whether to configure the sender side as we do generally in PI 7.0 or use the WS adapter.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If it's the sender adapter you meant over here, then I would prefer proxy because it would have slightly better performance than WS-RM, as WS-RM is actually working on top of proxy framework too.

Regards,

Lim...