cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum order quantity for sales orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to check the configuration settings where the sales orders can be blocked if the ordered quantity is less than that of minimum order quantity.

Pls threw some light on this.

Points assured

Kitty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can set the minimum order quantity in the material master Sales: Sales org1 tab.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I appreciate ur time. I knw that field. But r u sure, by maintaing that can satisfy my requirement. Will that block the sales order, if the quantity mis-matches. (i do not have acceess to SAP r/3, otherwise i wud have tested)

Kitty

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP standard provides only warning message.

If you want to have it as Hard error or to block from delivery, then use the user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in the include MV45AFZZ.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

When we maintain the minimum order quantity field in the material master then we will get an warning message if we donot maintain that quantity while creating the sales order.

If you want an error message use the user exit "USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE".

One more way is to change the message type in the program it self from Warning to an error message with the help of an ABAPer.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

Go To OVAH t code

message class V4 and message no 082

Change from warning to error

The mininum order qty for a material can be set in sales org data 1 tab

If for a material mininum order qty is set to 10 and if an order is placed for anything less than 10 you will get error message straight away

No need of any userexit

With Standard customizing it is possible

This has has been tested by me recently and you too can test it

Regards

Raja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member999950
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can give miminum order quantity in the material master of that product, and go to IMG-- SALES & DISTRIBJTION -- SALES -- MASSAGE VARIANTS( OVAH) and make the message attribute as warning to error. then raise the sales order if minmum order quantity is not reached system gives error instead or warning.

I hope ur prob is solved

Regards,

Sadanandam Kasarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

u r right using tcode OVAH we can change the message from warning to error without any user exit.

pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

what shiva is saying is absolutely correct. you can have only warning message with sap standard settings, for hard error try userexit.