cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Amount tolerance range entered for your company code XXXX

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to do a posting and I am getting the this error

No Amount tolerance range entered for your company code XXXX.

I checked oba0, oba3 and oba4, I have values defined in those areas for my company code, but still I am not able to do a posting. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong.

Thanks,

Chaitu

0 Kudos
  1. No amount tolerance range entered for company code xxxx

You have to define Tolerance groups for G/L Accounts (OBA0)

Define Tolerance group for Employee ( OBA4)

Note : If you didn't create any tolerance group to specify in the tolerance group field then in T.Code OB57 the Tolerance group field should be empty to user name.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor

Hello,

In OBA3, you should have blank tolerance group for your company code.

After that you copy that blank to your company code and give a tolerance group name.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for your response.

I created the blank tolerance group for my company code in oba3. But having the same issue.

Do you know of any other place which I need to take a look.

Regards,

Chaitu

Edited by: chaitu on Feb 17, 2009 12:41 AM

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please update the message number for this error?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks again for your response, the message num is F5103

Regards,

Chaitu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I a facing similar issue and OB57 also there is no user id maintained ..  Can some please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to ob57 and remove the user ID  in front of the company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Menu Path IMG Financial Accounting  General Ledger Accounting  Business Transactions  Open Item Clearing  Clearing Differences  Define Tolerance Group for G/L Accounts

Transaction Code OB09

For G/L account clearing, tolerance groups define the limits within which differences are accepted and automatically posted to predefined accounts. The groups defined here can be assigned in the general ledger account master record.

· Define Tolerance Groups for Employees : Not defining tolerance groups will

restrict data entry.

1. Valuewise

2. Cash Discounts

3. Payment Difference

· Assign User / Tolerance Groups : assign.

IMG > Financial Accounting > FA Global Settings > Document > Line Items > Define Tolerance Group for

Employees

In this activity, amount limits are pre-defined for employees w.r.t the following:

? the maximum document amount the employee is authorized to post

? the maximum amount the employee can enter as a line item in a customer or

vendor account

? the maximum cash discount percentage the employee can grant in a line item

? the maximum acceptable tolerance for payment differences for the employee.

Apart from the above, u2018maximumu2019 payment difference can also be defined whereby differences are automatically

posted to cash discount, revenue or expense account as required. Any difference is first adjusted to cash discount

(to the extent allowed here and permitted by max cash discount % defined above) and if this limit is exhausted,

balance is adjusted to the revenue or expense account (which can be a combination of absolute amount & a %)

F Note: Allowed Payment differences are posted automatically within certain tolerance groups.

This way the system can post the difference by correcting the cash discount or by posting to a

separate expense or revenue account.

F Note: There must be at least one Tolerance Group for each Company. Leaving u2018Groupu2019 field

u2018blanku2019 means the limits are applicable to all the employees. If any employee(s) is to be

allowed some other limits, another Tolerance Group has to be created and populated with the

employee identification (via next IMG step : u201CAssign users to Tolerance Groupsu201D). Rest of the

employees will be governed by u2018blanku2019 Tolerance Group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually had my user name associated with a wrong tolerance group, removing my username entry resolved the issue.

Thanks everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

It would be very helpful if you kindly share the steps which you followed to resolve the issue.

I mean share the steps that you followed to remove your user name from the wrong tolerance group.

How we can find that our user name is assigned to wrong tolerance group ?

Thanks and Regards,

Raja

0 Kudos
  1. No amount tolerance range entered for company code xxxx

You have to define Tolerance groups for G/L Accounts (OBA0)

Define Tolerance group for Employee ( OBA4)

Note : If you didn't create any tolerance group to specify in the tolerance group field then in T.Code OB57 the Tolerance group field should be empty to user name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tcode : OBA4 and maintain the following

1) Maintain your company Code.

2)Leave group blank (Use only if ur company configured with tolerance grp level employee)

3) Maintain "Amount per document"

4) Maintain "Amount per open item account item"

5) Maintain "Cash discount per line item"

and permited payment difference.

This will resolve your issue

Thanks

Biju