cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics Setup - remembers old settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a strange problem and it's really giving me a headache. We did set up solution manager diagnostics earlier ago and it worked fine. Recently I logged on again to the SolMan Diagnostics page and got the message that Diagnostics was not running because the WEBADMIN connection did not work.

I checked in Visual Admin (JCo RFC Provider) and it was really down. The reason was the user which was entered for the connection did not exist anymore. So I changed it to something else and it was started up fine.

But I also had to re-run a Diagnostics Setup -> Diagnostics System -> Setup Wizard due to upgrade we made.

Magically this again changed the old connection parameters back in Visual Admin's WEBADMIN connection. On the very first page of the diagnostics wizard you can maintain the connection parameters to the ABAP system and I also changed that to the new user but when the setup proceeds it always fails at the ABAP connection step saying the user ID and password is not correct (and stating the old user which really surprises me).

So it seems whatever data you gave for the very first time the wizard just can't forget it and brings them up even you already changed the connection parameters...and it also overrides the WEBADMIN connection parameters back to the obsolete parameters.

Anybody has an idea how can I overcome this issue? Is it somewhere buffered and I need to empty the buffer?

Our solman is a 7.0 at SPS17

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ABAP-based systems, information about RFC-destinations are stored in table RFCDES.

If you want to override the table, start the entry for the message server with /H/

Not sure if this can help you, i havn't setup a "SolMan Diag" for a longer time now.

Regards,

ulf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the reply - the problem is not in the ABAP stack. It's on the java side when you try to open the http://hostname:port/smd link and try to do a diagnostics setup wizards.

On this first page there are some parameters you need to provide like:

Support User

Please enter the UserId of the SMD Support User. If not yet existing, the User will be created with password set in advanced setup (default : 'init1234')

ABAP Connection

Please enter the settings of the Solution Manager Backend ISM

ABAP Client

ABAP Admin User Id

ABAP Admin Password

ITS port

Is BW installed in a separate... Client ? System ?

J2EE Administrator

Please enter admin User Id and password of the SAP J2EE administrator of Solution Manager

J2EE Admin User Id

J2EE Admin Password

Etc etc...

my problem is that at the very first time I populated the ABAP connection parameters using a user ID called e.g. SMD_RFC_XYZ.

Now when I change this to e.g. SMD_COMMUINICATION user and run the setup wizard with the changed parameters in the error log I still see SMD_RFC_XYZ user id for some reason I don't know where the system gets it from.