cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure alerts in GRC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can some one explain how to configure Alerts for critical transactions in GRC 5.3

my understanding of configuring alerts is to pick a funtion where the critical transaction is and assign a Risk owner to it ( which we have already created in admin part of mitiagtion ) and schedule the job on hourly basis etc . and the risk owner would recieve the alert whenever the transaction is executed .

correct me if I am wrong .

and also I should imagine to configure the SMTP server in order to recieve the email alerts in case if the transaction is executed .( I would presume so )

Please correct me if I am wrong or let me know if I am thinking right

Thanks in advance

keith.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

Apart from frontend settings, Remember alert are send based on STAT file generated in you backend R/3 system .

Hence make sure RSCOL00 is scheduled hourly in the R/3 system.

Also make sure none of these jobs are getting cancelled.

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

William ,Alpesh and Surpreet thanks for the input

appreacite it

Kieth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Make sure to do all the configuration mentioned by Michael. Don't forget to configure 'Alert Log File Name and Location' in the miscellaneous link under configuration tab.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just schedule the job and configure your critical actions, risk/mitigation monitors, and maintain the SMTP information in Visual Administrator -> Java Mail Client. That should do it.