Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIFACT D96A to INVOIC01

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI Community

Hope you are well,

Recently I have came across an implementation where we require to convert from an EDIFACT D96A to INVOIC01, so basically I want to understand the process of getting this map from seeburger perhaps?

I appreciate any comment or experience you consider pertinent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JosFranscisco,

Regarding the EDI mapping in BIC Mapping designer.You will be provided with technical rules called Trading partner guidelines that holds the information about the iterpretation of EDIFACT or ANSI docuemnt ,Mapping rules ,Conditions on mapping the fields.It will be very easy if you know how to interpret them and relate the data of one segment to another based on guidelines.Thinking that you are new to EDI iam providing the basic information as above.please ignore it if you know EDI mapping.

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for your comments

I am sort of noob with EDI in XI.. question that pops now: Where do I get the BIC suite? Is there any sample map provided by seeburger? I would think so given that I am having a standard to standard requirement. (D96A to INVOIC01)

Thanks!

-Jose Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BIC suite is part of all SEEBURGER industry adapters that you find on the pricelist of SAP or can be obtained directly from SEEBURGER.

What the solution will do for you is to map the inbound EDI INVOIC D96A to a INVOICE D96 XML representation. This XML represenation can then be converted (SAP Message Mapping) to an INVOIC01 Idoc for which you find a template in the SEEBURGER adapter for the retail industry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks again to all who have provided comments

So, this means that after getting the BIC I will have to do myself the SAP Message Mapping or it will in some way come in the package?

Thanks!

José Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburger also provides predefined mappings. EDIFACT D96A INVOIC to IDoc INVOIC01 is one of them.

Kind regards,

Koen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AS2 Adapter does 3 things :

1.Classifier : which will tells us about EDI Standard like whether it is ANSI X12, EDI FACT etc.,

2.Converter : Here in seeburger we are having a tool called Mapping Designer, in this some mapping are written to convert EDI (text) format to XML format and vice versa.

a. Generate E2X and X2E mappings.

b. Deploy that mappings as .sda files in to XI server.

c. After deploying we can use that file.

3.Spliter : Splits the XML doc into Main doc and a Functional Acknowledgement.and splits multiple STu2019s which are in the same envelope.

Thanks & Regards,

Pragathi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are actually looking for two things:

1 - A way to parse the EDIFACT invoice to xml so that SAP XI can process it

2 - A mapping that convert the EDIFACT xml to an INVOIC01 IDoc.

The first part is normally done with an adapter module, the second in a message mapping. There are indeed companies that provide this functionality: search the SDN for "EDI adapter" and you will find lots of information.

Kind regards,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need Seeburger BIC mapper for this,

check this blog, it gives more information

/people/nithiyanandam.au2/blog/2008/02/20/handling-edi-interfaces-using-seeburger-bic-modules

Regards

Vishnu