cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Material description in SO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I maintained 3 different discription in different language (EN, BE, & DE) in two material.

When i am entering both material in same order, one material's discription is comming with EN and second one with BE. Why?

How can i make default laguange for all material in SO?

Regards

jayesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh

As you are entering the material in sales order , and Material description is coming first in EN and second one with BE . For both the materials Go to MM02->basic data tab->click on additional data tab and in additional data tab click on languages tab and check wheather you have maintained in two languages or not .Remove the 2 languages and maintain only one language then you will be getting only one language in the sales order for that material

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think my explaination was wrong.

No I want to maintain 3 different Language for Material. That was my requirement.

But by default all the materail should come in same language in order. User can change how they want.

How can i make default language in Material Master?

Regards

Jayesh

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh

Your earlier post was quite opposite. from the current post .Coming to the present query , as i said in my previous thread , maintain different languages in MM02->basic data1 tab->additional data tab->click on languages tab and maintain different languages.

Now by default when we create the sales order we get in EN . Now if the end user has to change the language then there is a language feild in the line item , change it manually then the language of that line item will change.

Can we know What is the requirement for changing the language by the end user ?

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

You says "Now by default when we create the sales order we get in EN "

How system knows that the EN is default? There must be specific setting for that. and I am looking for what is that setting or Config.

Because in my case By defaul some are EN and some are in other language.

Regards

Jayesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jayesh,

Pls check your customer master language. If u maintain multiple languages for material master also, whatever u maintain for customer master/ sales organization will get picked up. Eg Material master - EN, FR etc, but if the customer is EN, then in the sales order it will pick up EN. Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Anitha J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks Anita for your quick reply.

If you see my scenario, I created order and entered two material.

Both material are maintain with both languages, EN, FR.

But for one it is taking EN and for other FR.

Do you know why?

Regards

Jayesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the plant diff for the materials. i.e material A - Plant B, material C- Plant D.

Rgds,

Anitha J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anitha,

Yes Plants are different.

Is it the plant specific? If yes Where is the config or Program/FM says that Check Customer language then Sales Org language or Plant Language and then accordingly cosider Material Discription in Order?

Thanks for you help.

Regards

Jayesh

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jayesh

Also check in MM02->sales text tab, there you check the icon in which language is English the text is available. and that is the reason we get in English

After maintaining in basic data1 tab->additional data icon->click on languages , and check , wheather other languages are maintained or not . you didn't got to change the language in the sales order .Because in the VA01->item data->text tab->change the language then the language will change

Also check in MM02->basic data1 tab , in which language the MMR has been maintained

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For customer master XD02 : general data - Communication - Language

For Plant : SPRO/ES/DEFINITION/LG/Plant

For Sales Org: SPRO/ES/DEFINITION/SD/Sales ORG

and also pls check shipping pt as well.

Rgds,

Anitha J