cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SetPromptsFailed Error while running Deskireport in Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have migrated a 5.1.7 deski report to XI - R3 deski and it successfully gets refreshed in Deski environment. When I export the XI R3 report to the CMC, I'm not able to refresh the report. It throws the error as

"Set Prompts Failed Error. The connection with the data provider could not be refreshed"

How should I solve this issue? Kindly help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the solution provided is not helpful then might be the reports with which you are getting the issue is corrupted or the connection is corrupted.

Firstly try to test the issue by creating the new connection if this doesn't resolves the issue then delete the local copy of the reports.Then re-migrate the report from the old system using import wizard and then save it and export it to repository to replace the existing report.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuvan,

Following is the solution for the issue you are getting.

A Deski report using a universe whose connection is using "Enable Database Credentials" authentication mode refreshes in DeskI but fails in Infoview with "SetPrompts failed" error.

Reproducing the Issue

Create a new user in CMC.

In the user properties, check the option -"Enable Database Credentials:" and enter the account name and password.

Create a universe using "Use BusinessObjects credential mapping" as the Authentication mode in its connection.

Now create a new DeskI report on that universe. Save and Export it.

Log on to infoview and refresh the report.

You will get "SetPrompt s failed" error.

Solution

This issue has been fixed with BusinessObjects XI 3.1.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur