cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any restriction when installing WMQ on a PI server?

arie_koedood
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Background:

We are currently planning to install SAP PI 7.1 for our SAP integration. We have Websphere Message broker 6.0 as our corporate middleware and the idea is to have PI integrate with the Websphere middleware. The plan is to have WMQ 6.0 installed on the PI server and to use the JMS adapter to connect to WMQ locally.

Question:

Is there any restriction to having WMQ 6.0 installed on our PI production server? My concern is that we might have interdependencies or conflicts or even invalidate support from SAP. What is the forumu2019s thought on this?

Cheers

Arie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For performance reasons you should always install other softwares in a separate physical machine.

You can also avoid port conflicts etc.....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would rather say that it would all depend on the type of the server, the hardware configurations and the capability and capacity along with required performance and load conditions. Although it sounds very simple to say dont or do install PI separately, it is better to take a look at the actual hardware considerations - like if you have a huge capacity server with very high processing power, but your PI usage is very low, then you are using a sword to kill a fly - in such a case you can install WMQ with PI surely!.

arie_koedood
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, this confirms my thinking

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you have high traffic and an optimal sized system for PI, you should not install any other component, espescially no Java based component, as you risk memory leaks, which can prevent PI and WMQ from running stable.

Regards

Stefan