SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emigall- Device installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I am trying to migrate and create Full Device installation (object INST_MGMT).

When i create full installtion through EG31, i am able to create Installtion successfully.

I am using the same fields to be populated through emigall strucutre. I am getting the error"Choose the valid function".

Can anybody please let me know what are the things to note/configure before Device installation from Emigall.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Here are some more details about the process I am following.

I was installing device and getting few errors.

When trying to install the device from EG 31, I need to supply values for installation,activity date, and new device.

This device has just 1 register and to install it from front end I need to supply values for

-Meter reading recorded

-Periodic consumption

-Rate type

-Rate fact group

-No of days for periodic consumption

The other values such as register, register category,register type, register ID are automatically getting populated.

I am using the same structure as I require from front end. So i am not supplying register. But then i am getting error "Auto data contains register 000".

If I supply all the values in EMIGALL structure which are getting populated automatically in EG31, I am getting the error "Choose a valid function".

Also if we have the two registers, then how to take care of these registers in the EMIGALL structure?

Could you please help me out in this.

Help will be definately rewarded..

Cheers,

Raj

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Here are some more details about the process I am following.

I was installing device and getting few errors.

When trying to install the device from EG 31, I need to supply values for installation,activity date, and new device.

This device has just 1 register and to install it from front end I need to supply values for

-Meter reading recorded

-Periodic consumption

-Rate type

-Rate fact group

-No of days for periodic consumption

The other values such as register, register category,register type, register ID are automatically getting populated.

I am using the same structure as I require from front end. So i am not supplying register. But then i am getting error "Auto data contains register 000".

If I supply all the values in EMIGALL structure which are getting populated automatically in EG31, I am getting the error "Choose a valid function".

Also if we have the two registers, then how to take care of these registers in the EMIGALL structure?

Could you please help me out in this.

Help will be definately rewarded..

Cheers,

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Is your Device Installation error solved. If not, pls share your email id. I have a document which might be helpful.

Thanks

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks a lot for your quick help. I have entered the value "01" for the field "ACTION" and the data loaded succesfully.

How to enter the data in the structure "DI_ZW" if we have the 2 different registers?

Do i need to take the same structure "DI_ZW" twice?

Answers will be definately rewarded.

Cheers,

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi,

Done, using the same structure "DI_ZW" twice with the different values for the field register & rate category.

Cheers,

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I have tried to create a full device installation. But I get an error "The IS-U table for INSMGM01 was not supplemented". Can you share which fields you exactly filled for success migration?

Thanks.