cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Text Overlaps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i'm using barcodes in the Adobe Forms. The barcode templates are UPC-A and Code128SSCC.

The text which should appear for the barcodes - are embedded below the barcode image. during the design time, the barcodes looks great (the image and the text embedded below properly). However during preview/runtime, the barcode text overlaps the barcode image.

Is there anyway i can avoid this? or is this a product bug?

thanks

ak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I am a newbee to these barcode thing in Adobe, I have a requirement to implement these barcodes in my form. Can u please help me on how to use barcodes?

Thanks,

Amita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ak and Amita,

First, I checked if the two mentioned barcodes work with my Designer (8.0) and they do work in PDF preview (Reader 8.1.3). When you say text you mean the digits of the barcode, right? You do not mention the Designer version, reader version or what "text" exactly means. Is PDF the relevant output format in your case? This makes it difficult to answer your question.

Amita,

I posted a blog as introduction to barcodes and IFbA. Hope this helps. Next time, please post a new question.

/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2009/02/05/introduction-to-barcodes-in-sap-interactive-forms-by-adobe

Regards & Thanks,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

The text i meant is the digits of the bar code.

In your blog you have put three images. The first image for code 128 has the digits as "embeddedBelow". And it looks neat. In my case, the digits are overlapping the bars making the digits unreadable. I'm using the following versions

Adobe Reader 8.0 and 9.0 (two different test env)

Adobe Designer 8.0

Any other pointers?

Thanks

ak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ak,

I tried again to reproduce you issues. I'm unable to see the issues you described in preview mode. Is there something specific like the barcodes are in a table/cell? Anything of importance to reproduce your issue?

Can you do one additional thing and test the two barcodes in a new form (i.e. do the form design from scratch)?

You might want to open a support message.

Regards,

Juergen