cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am developing an Idoc to IDoc interface. The system throws an error like this when executed :

<!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_WRONG_INTF</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>MI_IDOC_IA</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Unable to interpret IDoc interface MI_IDOC_IA</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Basically this has got something to do with the Inbound interface. i have tried many option but could not resolve.Could someone guide me to find a resolution for this.....

THanks,

Raggy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to select the Idoc itself in the Message (in your interface mapping) in IR & ID, not a seperate interface MI_xxx.

Regards

Vishnu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said in previous reply use IDoc itself in interface mapping(IR) and interface determination (ID) and also in receiver agreement (ID)

IDoc itself acts as Message Interface so no need to create another one above it

Edited by: Mugdha Kulkarni on Feb 16, 2009 2:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishnu & Kulkarni,

U have suggested me to add the IDoc itself instead of creating a message interface with an idoc included. So if it is an IDoc to Idoc interface How would the system know which of this idoc is Inbound / Outbound and Synchronous/asynchronous.. As we define the direction and mode at interface level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in interface mapping IDoc from sender system will be Outbound Interface and Inbound Interface would be IDoc that going to receiver system .Also IDoc is asynchronous, it does not send back response(IDoc Ack is altogether different).

Also steps that we do in ID specify outbound/inbound IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raggy,

An IDoc can be both in- and outbound. The sender IDoc adapter knows which IDoc it's sending (always [message type].[IDoc type] in namespace urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages) and no sender agreement is required.

Based on the sender system and IDoc type, you can create a receiver determination and interface determination, in which you define the target IDoc you want to send to the receiver system (again, [message type].[IDoc type] in namespace urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages).

Also, communication via IDocs is always asynchronous.

In short, in standard scenario's using IDocs, you don't need to create a message type / message interface for the IDoc. The imported IDoc itself serves as message interface and message type and can be used in the message and interface mappings.

Kind regards,

Koen