cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 - Manager ID for CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We'te implementing GRC 5.3 and have some problems regarding to Workflows.

I want manager information to be filled automatically when a user fills a request form.

Users are authenticated from LDAP and user data source is set to SAP HR. I tried to set the "HR Manager Path" to both "B012 Manages" and "A001 (Reports (line) to)" but still no manager information is received. Am i missing a mapping configuration which is mandatory ?

Thank you in advance.

Burak Semir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Burak,

I agree with William and you need to take care of most important parameter for this to work.

There are two parameters in CUP which brings user information to the request form. Go to user data source link from the configuration tab. It contains:

1) Search data source: It can be either LDAP or SAP HR in your case. CUP will search this data source for users.

2) User details data source: It should be SAP HR, if you want manager to be picked up from SAP HR. This is from where CUP will bring all the user details including manager information.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Burak,

As you are having authentication system as LDAP. so the userid given by you will be mappd with the parameter given by you in LDAP field mapping field.

As the user gets authenticate. It will go and search for all other information.

In that case it will see what is user detail datasource. In your case it is SAP HR.

After this there is no field mapping to get the manager information from SAP HR system.

The only thing is in connecotr you need to define . reports to or manager via mapping.

hopefully it will help

Regards

Abhishek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank you for your kind answers. I made some configuration changes but still can't bring the manager information.

Basically;

authentication data source : SAP UME (LDAP configuration is made through UME)

user search data source : SAPHR

user details data source : SAPHR

HR manager path (within connector configuration) : A002 Reports (line) to

This configuration is working right now.

But the key part was, adding SY-UNAME to infotype 105, subtype 001 to HR Master Data for all users.

Thank you for your help and support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Burak,

Sorry to say that in UME we don't provide setmanager call. so if you use ume as authentication system you will never get manager.

The work around of this problem is create LDAP type connector and give that as Authentication system.

In LDAP we have setmanager call. So you will be able to search the manager then

hope it works fine

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be a few issues here:

The first, and most obvious, is that you aren't making a request with a user with a valid manager in HR. The next is that you might not be mapping SAP user ID correctly from LDAP. Since you're authenticating from LDAP, but the data is coming from SAPHR, there's an additional field in the LDAP mapping configuration called SAP_User_ID that you need to fill in with the valid LDAP attribute for user ID (sAMAccountName for Active Directory). Your user IDs also need to be the same across LDAP and SAPHR. You need to have a valid IT105 maintained for the user you're making the request for as well. I use B012 Manages for our management details. You could also do multiple user data authentication, pulling in both LDAP and SAPHR if you have manager details in LDAP.