Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pass data between components

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts.

i am new in web dynpro ..

i have a requirment in which i have two component a and b.

here comp A have a tree having some nodes.

and i want when i select a node...Component B shud display that node value ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Use component A as used component in component B and which ever data u want to show in component B of component A , make that context node is Interface node.So that you can access the selected data of component A in Component B.

Refer ALV example.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member402443
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

As per ur requirment in which u have two component a and b.

comp A have a tree having some nodes.

and u want when u select a node...Component B should display that node value .

You can do one thing .

Use component B as a used component in component A and which ever data u want to show in component B of component A , make that context node is Interface node enabled and input element enabled in both the Components A & B.

Then create the usage of component B in component A. Then component usgaes will come in ur component for Component B. Then create a interface controller usage b/w A and B. and then to the external mapping of the interface node oc omponent B with the component A.

For this nodes name should be same in both the Component A& B for doing the external mapping.

After this write ur logic and when u call the Component B , data will be passed.\

Regards

Manoj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for passing the value from one component to other component you have to follow these steps.

1.from component A you want to pass the selected value to component B.

2.Raise an event in component A with the parameters for which value should be passed using

wd_this->fire_event( param1 ).

3.in component B in the component contoller in the properties tab reuse component A.

4.In the component controller of component B write an event handler method for the event which is raised in component A.Then the value gets passed from component A to Component B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see this [tutorial|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2e71ce83-0b01-0010-11a4-98c28a33195f].

And this wiki: [How to set up cross-component communication using events|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/QHc]

Regards.