Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Invoice issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Greetings.

My client has a unique issue regarding Excise Invoice.

He raised a Sales Order, Del Doc, Bill and an Excise Invoice on Customer-01 and shipped it to the customer 600 kms away. After that due to storage problems customer called to ask client to postpone the delivery by a few days till he can arrange the space. Now our client checked around to find some one else to take the load and found a new customer.

But client is ready to raise a Sales order, Del doc., Bill but not a Excise Invoice. He says since the load is already paid he wants to use the EI for the new customer. If some time later the new customer wants to avail CENVAT, the EI has to be on his name, so how to convert the existing EI of a particular number on to another customer's name? How is it possible? If yes, what to do?

Hope to get some feed back urgently as I have to solve this on a priority basis.

Thanks and regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

You can divert the goods to any customer but what Excise Rule says is that you should bring back the goods to the factory from where the original despatch was made, make return entries in the respective registers, take credit of the duty levied and reinvoice to new customer.

This means, in SAP, you need to show documentation for these returns (though physically, the goods would not have taken back) and submit statutory excise returns accordingly.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you client is ready to generate new Sales, Delivery & Invoice, then anyways they will have to cencel / reverse all the documents.

Like-wise also ask then to reverse the excise invoice. Keep a record of Reverse / cancelled Excise (as it will have to be submitted to Excise authorities) & raise a new Excise Invocie based on new Delivery / Invoice.

Excise invocie can be canceleld with J1IH -> Cancel Excise Invoice Button.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is how to use the already generated Excise Invoice for the new customer.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Let the material be wherever they are (i.e. in-transit)..

All you need to do is cancel the entire process in SAP (Excise Invoice, Sales Invoice, Delivery & Sales Order).

J1IH - excise

VF11 - sales Invoice

Vl09 - Outbound Delivery

Va02 - reject the Sales Order.

Then create new Documents (sales order & others) for new Customer.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Lakshmipathi jee and Jignesh jee. My Client's core user has post poned the issue after I forwarded the reply what you sent me. I was sure about the matter but could not insist as I am not an expert in this field.

Thanks for the help.

Let me close the issue for now and if required will reopen it after any other developments.

Best regards.

Venkat - Hyd