cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC Approval Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Gurus,

I am working on the BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI for SC Approval.I need some clarifications on the foll points before I can proceed with the development...

My requirement is

1>The no of levels of Approval depends on the total Value fo SC and the Product Category of the Items(i.e. the Whole shopping cart since all the Items will be of the same Product category as well as same cost centre).

Based on the combination of these 2 values,I will have to set the approval_index field.

2>Also after this,based on the combination of the value for the fields Product Category + Cost centre,the approvers have to be determined.

Now for the deteremination of Approvers,either a custom table can be maintained or they ca be retrieved form teh Org structure itself.

But now here,for getting the Approvers,if I have to get the apporvers from the Table(database table bbpt_wfl_lia_def),I can only maintain the combination of values for the fields Cost center and Prod category and the corresponding agent and not the approval level.How do I link the approval index and the approvers???

Also, if i ma getting the approvers form the Org structure how is the link between Cost centre+Prod cat and Corresponding approver maintained????Or in case of getting the approvers for the Org structure,I just need to get the Chief/manager of the Person who is creating the Shopping cart(Since cost centre will be maintained at the User level)???

3>Also since my approval is purely at the Header level,whcih of the example implementations given with the std BADI will be usitable for my reqt(particularly for the APprovers part)????

Also since mine is Header level approval(since cost center+Prod cat will necessarily be same the whole of the SC,do I need to activate only the workflow 14000133(and no other wfs i.e.WS14500015,WS10000031,WS10000060,WS10000129 )?

Also,Please correct me if i have gone wrong in any of my understanding.Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

You need to activate only 14000133.

The link between different approvers, cost centre, product category etc are maintained in a attributes and extended attributes respectively.

For cost centre attribute is CNT. For Product category, you will have to check extended attributes.

If your functional expert assigned cost centres etc to cost centre managers then you will find an entry for this in tale HRV1222A.

Hope this will give you a starting point. Please reward few points, if you find this reply useful.

Regards.

pras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pras,

I am implementing the BADI 14000133 for Shopping cart approval at the Header level based on the total value of shopping Cart,cost center and product category.

We are maintaining 3 ztables to determine the rules for approval as shown below :

<u><b>1 Material Group Material Type relationship</b></u>

Release Group Material Type Material Group

Capital CAP MCAP01- MCAP06

Catalogue CAT MCAT01 – MCAT03

Normal UTI,Service,GEN MUT01, SER*,MGEN01–

MGEN02

<u><b>2 Rule Table for mapping the values ranges</b>.</u>

Ruleno Release Grp Val frm Val TO No. of Approvers

01 Capital 0 5000 1

<u><b>3 Determination of approvers based on rule, Material Group and cost center</b></u>

Ruleno RelGroup CostCenter No of Approver Approvers

01 Capital 100002 1 USJOHN

Can anyone please tell me whether this apporach will be proper since we dont wnat to determine the approvers through Org?

Also should we maintain the table BBPT_WFL_LIA_DEF?

Also i have some doubts regarding the execution of the Witem..

1>The Witem goes to all the 3 approvers(say approval is 3 level) and if nayone of the 3 approves ,the status is set to approved

2>If any of the approvers rejects the shopping cart,does the SC go back to the previous approver?

3>If any of the approver changes the SC,does the SC go to the next approver?

Our requirement is ths same as the std WF behaviour(WS100000129).

I have issues basically related to the Witem execution since I have not worked on Workflows previously...So not sure as to what will happen inn case of this WF(WS14000133)..Since you have worked on this WF,can you please tell me how will the WItem execution happen in case of this WF and are there any explicit settings required for the WF item execution to happen in some specified manner.

Also, which of the std Implementations example for the BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI will suit my scenario?

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pras,

Please give ur opinion on this asap.....

regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I ma working on the N-level SC approval BADI implementaion as described above.Can anyone tell me how does the no of steps (actual_approval_index) is passed to the WF so that teh BADI restarts again for the consequent levels of approval?

Regards,

Disha.